Texaco/Havoline Team Fast Facts: * Points Position: Jamie McMurray and the Texaco/Havoline team dropped two positions to 14th in the overall standings after getting caught up in a late race accident last weekend at Lowe's Motor Speedway.
Texaco/Havoline Team Fast Facts:
* Points Position: Jamie McMurray and the Texaco/Havoline team dropped two positions to 14th in the overall standings after getting caught up in a late race accident last weekend at Lowe's Motor Speedway. They are only 21 points behind 11th place and the season ending $1 million bonus awarded to the highest finishing non-Chase team.
* Run For the Money: McMurray and the No. 42 Dodge team recorded two-top five and four top-10 finishes during the final five races of last season to finish 11th in the overall standings and collect the $1 million bonus. They scored a total of 719 points over that period.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team have selected chassis #506 for this weekend's race at Martinsville Speedway. This is a new race car with no previous laps of competition.
* McMartinsville Speedway Record: McMurray has one runner-up finish and three top-10 finishes in five NEXTEL Cup Series starts at the .526-mile speedway. He has an average start of 13.4 and an average finish of 16.2.
* What's the Big Idea: On Monday McMurray appeared as a guest on CNBC's popular show "The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch." Rusty Wallace, Kyle Petty, Erin Crocker and other NASCAR personalities joined him during the one-hour show. Topics for discussion included: The growth and evolution of NASCAR, driver popularity, safety and women's involvement.
* "Shine On" Diecast Car Sweepstakes: Forty two lucky participants have the chance to win a complete set of four limited edition No. 42 Texaco/Havoline "Shine On" diecast cars signed by Jamie McMurray. To register, visit www.texacohavoline42.com. The replica cars driven by McMurray at Texas (April), Charlotte (May), Sonoma and Talladega (Oct.) are a part of the "Shine On" series celebrating the history of the Texaco brand with four retro logos on the hood. The sweepstakes began on Sept. 20 and ends on Nov. 30.
Jamie McMurray on Martinsville Speedway:
"I'm hoping to post a good run at Martinsville. We've had some strong performances the last few weeks and just don't have the results to show it. The cars have been running well, but something seems to happen every time that takes us out of contention. That's kind of the way our luck has been this season, but maybe it will turn around for us this weekend.
"I enjoy racing at Martinsville because it takes you back to the days of racing on the local short tracks. Typically it has been a good track for us and we finished second in this race last season. It would be nice to improve that by one position. Martinsville always provides exciting racing, and with so much on the line regarding 'The Chase' I expect there will be much of the same on Sunday."