No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: Crew Chief Jeff Vandermoss and the No. 40 crew will be taking chassis No. 405 for the DirecTV 500 this weekend. Stremme piloted this chassis at Fontana earlier this season and finished 33rd. He also drove...
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: Crew Chief Jeff Vandermoss and the No. 40 crew will be taking chassis No. 405 for the DirecTV 500 this weekend. Stremme piloted this chassis at Fontana earlier this season and finished 33rd. He also drove the car twice last season at Chicagoland and Charlotte where he finished 16th and 36th respectively.
* Keep on Truckin': NASCAR NEXTEL Cup rookie David Stremme will drive the No. 04 Bobby Hamilton Racing Dodge in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series event on Saturday, April 1 at Martinsville Speedway. Scott Lagasse Jr. will resume driving duties of the No. 04 Dodge at Gateway International Raceway on April 29.
* Looking Toward Martinsville: This will be Stremme's first start at Martinsville Speedway. He has never run on the .526-mile track in Virginia, but he gained his short-track experience at New Paris Speedway in Indiana. The .25-mile track is located 36 miles from South Bend, Ind., where Stremme grew up.
* Bristol Round-Up: In the first short track race of the season, Stremme started 26th but was caught up in an accident on lap 189. The No. 40 Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon crew spent 58 laps repairing the damage, and when the checkered flag flew at the end of the 500-lap event he was credited with a 36th-place finish.
* Rookie Ranks: Stremme is currently sixth in the Raybestos Rookie of the Year standings after his 36th-place effort in Bristol last week. Stremme, with 34 points, is 18 points behind leader Clint Boyer.
* NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings: After finishing 36th last week at Bristol, Stremme dropped three spots to 38th in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points standings. He is 267 points out of the top 10 and 174 points out of the top 20.
* Rookie Martinsville Facts: The most recent rookie to score a top-five finish in the spring race at Martinsville is Dick Trickle. Trickle finished third in 1989, the best finish by a first-year driver since Morgan Shepherd won the 1981 Advance Auto Parts 500. Trickle also led the race once for seven laps.
* 2006 Sponsors: The No. 40 Dodge Charger will sport both the Coors Light and Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon logos this season. The two will serve as the primary sponsors for 17 races each, and as associate sponsors for the other 19 races.
David Stremme Quotes:
"I am looking forward to getting some extra seat time this weekend by running the truck race. It was an opportunity for me to run some extra laps on a track that I have never raced at before. The No. 40 Dodge was running pretty well last weekend at Bristol but we got caught up in someone else's incident. That is the hardest part about short track racing, there is no where to go if something happens in front of you. The No. 40 crew worked their tails off to get me back out there and we were able to gain a few positions. We are ready to work hard again this weekend to get the car where it needs to be."