Robby Gordon's Quotes on NHIS: "New Hampshire has been a good track for us in the past," said Gordon. "I won my first race here back in 2001 and ran in the top five last year. "We've had a little bit of success over the last couple ...
Robby Gordon's Quotes on NHIS:
"New Hampshire has been a good track for us in the past," said Gordon. "I won my first race here back in 2001 and ran in the top five last year.
"We've had a little bit of success over the last couple of weeks (two top-20 finishes) and we hope to continue that trend again this weekend. We have focused on getting into the top 20 and in order to do that we need to pick up our game and start bringing home top-10 or 15 finishes. We have a string of good tracks for us coming up - Loudon, Indianapolis and Watkins Glen - so hopefully we can gain those points and even maybe get a win.
"We're bringing a new car this weekend that we haven't run in any Nextel Cup race except for the NASCAR tests in Vegas and Richmond. Greg (Erwin, crew chief) expects good things out of it, so we'll bring it and see what happens. Menards is back on the car this weekend along with MAPEI and we would love to bring them their first victory as well."
Menards/MAPEI Fast Facts:
* Welcome Back -- This weekend's race at New Hampshire International Speedway will be the fourth race this season that Menards and MAPEI will share sponsorship of the No. 7 Chevy. MAPEI, a global corporation, has been supplying residential and major commercial projects with total installation solutions for tile and stone, floor covering and decorative concrete as well as concrete restoration for more than 65 years. Visit www.mapei.com for technical information or call 1-800-42-MAPEI (1-800-426-2734) for the nearest location.
* Chassis -- Gordon will be competing in chassis No. 109 this weekend. Except for a shake-down at both the Vegas test early this year and the test session at Richmond International Raceway, No. 109 has yet to see any green flag laps during a NEXTEL Cup Series event. Chassis No. 103 will serve as back up.
* Points Position -- Following two consecutive top-20 finishes, the driver of the No. 7 Menards/MAPEI Chevrolet still remains in the 28th position in NASCAR Nextel Cup point standings, only 78 points out of 25th and 198 points out of 21st.
* Hear It -- Got a scanner? Tune it to 469.4500 or 463.6500 to hear Robby Gordon Motorsports team communications during the race.
* A Winner Returns -- Holding off Sterling Marlin, Gordon earned his first NASCAR Nextel Cup victory on the 1-mile oval at the Sylvania 300 in November of 2001. Gordon is the only driver in NEXTEL Cup history to win his first race at New Hampshire International Raceway.