* For the second time in his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series career, Kasey Kahne has secured a position in the Chase for the Sprint Cup Championship. * Kahne heads to New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NHMS) tied for fourth in the Championship ...
* For the second time in his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series career, Kasey Kahne has secured a position in the Chase for the Sprint Cup Championship.
* Kahne heads to New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NHMS) tied for fourth in the Championship standings. He is 20 points behind series leader Mark Martin.
* In 11 starts at NHMS, Kahne has one top-five and five top-10 finishes.
* Kahne's best finish of fourth at NHMS came in his second start at the "magic mile" where he started 12th and led 31 laps.
* In 11 starts at NHMS, Kahne has an average start of 17th and an average finish of 16th.
* Prior to traveling to New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Kahne will make a stop in New York City on Wednesday and Thursday for Chase media obligations.
Kahne discusses the Chase and racing at New Hampshire Motor Speedway:
You said after Richmond that there is no clear favorite for the Championship right now."Well everyone is just running so well. If you look at the drivers that made the Chase, they all consistently run in the top 10 each week. The competition is so close right now. If you have one bad race during these last 10 races you are going to lose a lot of ground to the other drivers because the competition is that tight."
Talk about this weekend's race in New Hampshire? "It's a great track for us. I had a top-four car there last spring and the rain came and we ran 10th because of track position. If it hadn't rained, we'd have run top four - maybe even a chance to win the race. We were pretty strong there. It's a great track for us. We still have some more wins to get for Dodge."
What track do you think that you need to work on in the Chase? "I think that there are some tracks out there-- the mile-and-a-half tracks we've been running good at here the last half of this year. Charlotte, we ran great at the beginning. There are some good tracks for us, there are a few other ones... Talladega you never know--New Hampshire--some of the shorter tracks we still have some work to do. We weren't as good as we needed to be in Richmond, we ran 12th and probably could have been 10th by the end of it. There are just a few tracks that we need to keep working hard at and we know what they are and hopefully we can hit on some things if we want to have a chance at a championship. We're going to do all we can to win races, get the most points we can and hopefully have a shot late in the season."