Reed Sorenson, No. 41 Target Dodge Target Team Fast Facts: * Vegas Performance: Sorenson has just one start at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, which came in last season's Busch Series event at the 1.5-mile speedway. He started the event in...
Reed Sorenson, No. 41 Target Dodge
Target Team Fast Facts:
* Vegas Performance: Sorenson has just one start at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, which came in last season's Busch Series event at the 1.5-mile speedway. He started the event in seventh and finished sixth.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Jimmy Elledge and the Target Team have selected chassis #206 for Las Vegas, which is the same car they used in the last event at California Speedway. Sorenson raced up to as high as fifth before taking the checkered flag in 21st. The team ran this car a total of 11 races in 2005 with driver Casey Mears. The team recorded six top-10 finishes and two-top-five finishes, including a sixth-place effort at Indianapolis and two near victories in the final events of the season at Texas Motor Speedway (fourth) and Homestead-Miami Speedway (fifth).
* Rookie Press Conference: Sorenson, along with the 2006 Raybestos Rookie contenders will be taking part in a press conference in the Las Vegas Motor Speedway media center on Fri., Mar. 10 at 10:30 a.m.
* Rookie Round Up: Sorenson is currently tied with two others for fifth in the Raybestos Rookie of the Year standings after his 21st-place effort at California Speedway. Sorenson, with 14 points, is seven points behind leader Clint Boyer.
* NEXTEL Cup Points Position: Sorenson and the Target team moved up five positions to 24th in the overall standings after California. They are only 24 points out of the top 20 and 83 points out of the top 10 heading into Las Vegas.
* Busch Series Update: Sorenson finished 36th in last weekend's Busch Series race after experiencing mechanical issues on lap 60 of the 80-lap event. The Discount Tire team dropped seven positions to 15th in the standings, but they are only 23 points outside of the top 10.
* Discount Tire Appearance: On Thurs., March 8, Sorenson will be signing autographs from 4:30-6 p.m. PT at the Las Vegas Discount Tire store located at 7295 W. Azure Dr., Las Vegas, Nev. 89130.
Reed Sorenson on Las Vegas Motor Speedway...
"The Target team is optimistic about our chances to run well this weekend in Las Vegas. We had a strong test session out there in January and we're taking the same car that ran so well in California two weeks ago. We didn't get the finish that we should have, but we ran strong and that has given us a good deal of confidence heading into the weekend.
"We haven't had the best of luck so far this season, but I'm hoping that will change. The cars have been running well, we've just had unfortunate situations take us out of contention. We're 24th in points right now, which is respectable, but of course we'd like to improve upon that. And, I'd like to get a couple of good runs under us so we can move ourselves up in the rookie standings."