* This Week's Shell-Pennzoil Chevrolet at Las Vegas Motor Speedway ... Kevin Harvick will pilot chassis No. 299 from the Richard Childress Racing NASCAR Sprint Cup Series stable. This is a brand new Shell-Pennzoil Chevrolet which will circle the...
* This Week's Shell-Pennzoil Chevrolet at Las Vegas Motor Speedway ... Kevin Harvick will pilot chassis No. 299 from the Richard Childress Racing NASCAR Sprint Cup Series stable. This is a brand new Shell-Pennzoil Chevrolet which will circle the track for the first time this weekend.
* Career Stats ...The Shelby American marks Harvick's 325th career start in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.
* In nine starts at the 1.5-mile oval, Harvick has claimed two top-five and three top-10 finishes. In addition, the Shell-Pennzoil driver has completed 98.8 percent (2,419 of 2,424) total laps and has led for a total of 52 laps.
* Special Paint Scheme -- The No. 29 Shell-Pennzoil Chevrolet will be carrying a special paint scheme this weekend that coincides with some exciting news coming from Pennzoil. Stay tuned on Friday, February 26th to hear more about a technical breakthrough from America's top selling motor oil brand.
* Award Winning Crew Chief -- The No. 29 Shell-Pennzoil Team's Performances in Daytona and California have secured back-to-back "DIRECTV Crew Chief of the Race" Awards for Crew Chief Gil Martin. The award is presented to the crew chief of the driver who has demonstrated the best qualifying and race effort as determined by the average of qualifying results and race finish. It provides the opportunity to recognize the critical importance of crew chiefs and their endless pursuit of new ways to put their teams in the best position to win each week.
* Happy Anniversary ... Kevin and DeLana Harvick will celebrate their ninth wedding anniversary on Sunday Feb. 28. The couple got married in Las Vegas in 2001, two days prior to Harvick scoring his first career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series top-10 finish (eighth -- Las Vegas Motor Speedway). The couple will celebrate by having dinner at the same local restaurant they visit each year, a tradition that began on their first anniversary.
* Former Winner ... Harvick is a former winner at LVMS, claiming victory in the 2004 NASCAR Nationwide Series Sam's Town 300.
§ Double Down in Sin City ... In addition to his driving duties with the No. 29 Shell-Pennzoil Chevrolet, Harvick, a 34-time race winner in the NASCAR Nationwide Series, will drive Kevin Harvick Incorporated's No. 33 Chevrolet in the Feb. 27 Sam's Town 300.
Last year in Las Vegas, you started ninth and finished 12th. What sort of day was that for you?
"We had a great day at Vegas. Really, the first five races last year were really good for us. We ran in the top five all day and just got behind towards the end of the race but were able to salvage something out of it. Vegas was really good for us."
You've had a lot of good runs at Vegas. Are you a fifth- to eight-place car there right now?
"I think the year before we finished fourth there, I don't remember exactly, but it's not been a bad place for us."
What was your reaction the first time you saw that place?
"Oh crap, why did they screw it up (laughs)? It's definitely changed the way you race there, but you can move around and race pretty well there, as far as the grooves. Las Vegas is just a really fast race track."
What are the unique characteristics of Las Vegas Motor Speedway?
"It's very bumpy. It's the roughest newly-paved race track I've ever raced on. But, it gives it some pretty good character to move around on. You can run on the bottom, if your car goes through the bumps good, but you can also run in the middle really fast, too."
When you and DeLana go to Vegas, do you take in shows, do any gambling, or is it just all business?
"Usually, there are so many people out there, we don't get out much. We'll go eat dinner on Thursday night, for our anniversary; it usually falls every time we go out there. It's on Sunday this year, so we'll go out on Thursday, and then just kind of relax. Pennzoil has a huge event going on this year which we'll attend on Friday night."
So, race day is your anniversary?
"Yes, race day this year is our anniversary, so it would be a good race to win."