The Home Depot Team Notes of Interest * Joey Logano continues his rookie season at another track the 18-year-old has yet to compete on, Las Vegas Motor Speedway (LVMS). Logano didn't turn 18 until May of 2008, after NASCAR visited the Nevada...
The Home Depot Team Notes of Interest
* Joey Logano continues his rookie season at another track the 18-year-old has yet to compete on, Las Vegas Motor Speedway (LVMS). Logano didn't turn 18 until May of 2008, after NASCAR visited the Nevada track.
* Fans of Logano's can meet him at The Home Depot store #3303 in Las Vegas on Thursday, Feb. 26 from 5 -- 7 p.m. The store is located at 1401 S. Lamb Blvd., Las Vegas. There will be a children's workshop, photo opportunities with the No. 20 Home Depot Toyota and an autograph signing by Logano.
* The Home Depot Racing Team and crew chief Greg Zipadelli have 10 starts a LVMS. The team's best effort came in 2000 when it finished second. In the 10 starts, The Home Depot Team has earned one outside pole, four top-five and six top-10 finishes. Last year however, the team was involved in an accident on lap 107 of the 267-lap event.
* Logano who made his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series debut at Auto Club Speedway last weekend started from the 34th position and earned a career-best finish of 26th when the checkered flag waved. He currently is 37th in the point standings and is tied with Scott Speed in the Raybestos Rookie of the Year standings.
* HomeDepotRacing.com has been revamped for the 2009 season. Fans can track Joey's races and appearances throughout the season, read about his experiences during his rookie campaign in Joey's Journal and ask Joey questions that he will answer for fans.
Logano Discusses Racing at Las Vegas
Expectations for the weekend
"This is going to be one of those weekends where I am going to learn a lot," said Logano. "I've never raced at Las Vegas, I watched the test last year but that's about it. So if we can go into the weekend and make gains from the start of the weekend to the end of the race like we did in California we should be ok. I've said this before but this is a huge learning year for me in The Home Depot Toyota. I'm going to go out and try to get used to the track, get used to the car on this type of track and go from there. It's the same approach I am going to take for the first half of the season and continue to build as I gain experience."
Quote from Crew Chief Zipadelli
"Obviously Joey has never run there before and he's not running the Nationwide car. Track time is important. We plan to unload and let him run five or six laps in race trim and then go to qualifying trim pretty early to make a little bit more of an effort than we did last week and let him have more runs. If we can just do a little better every week from where we were, whether that is one position or five positions, that is improvement and that is what we need to do all year long."