David Stremme No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger News and Notes * This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Penske Dodge team will use chassis PRS 595 during Sunday's 427-mile event. PRS 595 is a brand new car to the No.12 Penske Dodge Charger fleet. * ...
No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger News and Notes
* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Penske Dodge team will use chassis PRS 595 during Sunday's 427-mile event. PRS 595 is a brand new car to the No.12 Penske Dodge Charger fleet.
* Staying Out West... David Stremme did not make the return trip to North Carolina after Sunday's Auto Club 500. Stremme, along with a number of other NASCAR Cup Series competitors, spent a couple extra days in "Sin City" before turning their attention to Sunday's NASCAR Cup Series event.
* Moving on Up... With Sunday's top-15 finish, Stremme and the No.12 Penske Dodge Charger team moved up nine spots to 24th in the NASCAR Cup Series driver point standings. Stremme sits a mere 63 points out of 10th.
* Nice Start... In his last start at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (March 11, 2007), Stremme started on the outside of the front row. The 31-year-old driver has an average starting spot of 21st at the track.
* Helping Out a Teammate... David, along with fellow Penske Racing drivers Justin Allgaier and Sam Hornish Jr., will be at Pole Position Raceway in Las Vegas on Thursday, February 26 to help the Kurt Busch Foundation. The first annual Kurt Busch Spring for the Kids will benefit the Victory Junction Gang Camp. Stremme will race with other top NASCAR drivers, as well as fans, in a one-hour endurance kart race. The event starts at 6 pm PT.
* Come and See Me... Stremme will be signing autographs at the Penske Racing souvenir trailer on Sunday, March 1 at 9:30 am PST. The Penske Racing trailer is located along the front stretch at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
* Watch and Listen... The Shelby 427 will be seen live on Sunday, March 1 on the FOX television network. Race coverage is scheduled to begin at 4 pm EST. The event can also be heard live on PRN Radio as well as Sirius Satellite Radio, channel 128.
David Stremme on driving at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
"After last weekend's performance, I am really excited about the race in Las Vegas. Roy [McCauley] and all the guys on our team did a great job making the car better all day. We struggled a little bit on Friday during qualifying, but made it up during the race. The crew picked up spots in the pits and the changes we made helped the car handle better.
"Las Vegas Motor Speedway is a really cool track. They have done a great job integrating the fans into the action. As for the track itself, you have to really get your car to work on the bottom of the track. These new cars are really aero sensitive so you need have a stable car through the corners. All the guys at Penske Racing have been working really hard on our mile-and-a-half program and so far it has paid off. I am looking for another strong run out of our No. 12 Penske Dodge Charger this weekend!"