BRANDON WHITT/ DUTCH QUALITY STONE RACING TEAM FAST FACTS: * Brandon Whitt and CJM Racing will make their third attempt in the 2007 season and vie for a spot in Sunday's UAW-DaimlerChrysler 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway * Whitt will run for...
BRANDON WHITT/ DUTCH QUALITY STONE RACING TEAM FAST FACTS:
* Brandon Whitt and CJM Racing will make their third attempt in the 2007 season and vie for a spot in Sunday's UAW-DaimlerChrysler 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
* Whitt will run for Rookie of the Year honors this season in the NASCAR NEXTEL CUP Series (NNCS)
* Whitt has three starts at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series (NCTS), in his last visit he scored a seventh place starting position and a ninth place finish
* Whitt has an average starting position of 13th and an average finishing position of 16th at Las Vegas
* Brandon garnered his first ever stock car win at the 3/8 mile Bullring at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in a late model (2001)
BRANDON WHITT ON THE TEAM HEADING INTO LAS VEGAS:
"We've been up against the best teams in motorsports this year and we knew that coming into the season. Morale is still high and our program is improving every week. The team is making the necessary adjustments and we're confident heading into Las Vegas."
BRANDON WHITT ON LAS VEGAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY:
"We came out here earlier this year and tested at the track. I'm comfortable with what we learned during the test session and feel that we have a shot at making the field for Sunday's race. The track itself has changed significantly since I raced here in the trucks (2005) and I think it'll make for some exciting racing."
BRANDON WHITT ON HIS MEMORIES OF LAS VEGAS:
"Las Vegas will always hold a special place in my heart. I raced there at the 3/8 mile Bullring back in 2001 and won my first ever late model race. I think it was there that solidified where my career path was heading. Since then I have never looked back, I can't imagine doing anything else for a living."