FAST FACTS * Jamie McMurray will be back in his No. 26 IRWIN Industrial Tools Ford Fusion this weekend at Kansas. * Kansas Speedway is statistically McMurray's second best track, first being Sonoma. McMurray has an average finish of 11.0 at...
* Jamie McMurray will be back in his No. 26 IRWIN Industrial Tools Ford Fusion this weekend at Kansas.
* Kansas Speedway is statistically McMurray's second best track, first being Sonoma. McMurray has an average finish of 11.0 at the 1.5-mile speedway.
* In three races, McMurray has completed every lap at Kansas Speedway.
* Kansas Speedway is the hometown track for the Joplin, Mo. native, McMurray.
* To date, McMurray has three top-five finishes and seven top-10 finishes in the 2006 season.
* Currently, McMurray is in 18th place in the Nextel Cup point standings.
McMurray on racing at Kansas Speedway: "I'm really looking forward to Kansas this weekend. Obviously, it's my home track, which is really cool. It's always neat to see all the fans from back home coming out to the track to support us. Kansas is a track I have run really well at in the past. It's a track that you can settle into and a track that puts a lot into the driver's hands. Last week at Dover we had a good car and were hoping for a better finish, but we were stuck running two laps down after having to pit during a green-flag run. We are taking a brand-new car this weekend to Kansas. Hopefully, we can put this IRWIN Industrial Tools Ford Fusion in Victory Lane for all the hometown fans."
Crew Chief Bob Osborne on racing at Kansas Speedway: "This will be the first visit to Kansas Speedway for Jamie and I. I know that in the past, Jamie has run well at this track. Jamie seems to do really well at the tracks like Kansas and Charlotte. This weekend we are taking RK -- 403, which is a brand-new car out of the Roush stable. The guys at the fab shop have worked really hard on this car over the last few weeks. If we run well with this car at Kansas, most likely we will carry the same car with us to Charlotte. We are expecting a lot out of this car, and with this being Jamie's home track, we want to make sure he runs well. Overall, it should be a good weekend for the IRWIN Tools team."
-credit: roush racing