* Points Position: Jamie McMurray and the Texaco/Havoline team moved up one position to 12th in the overall standings after their 12th-place effort in last weekend's event at Talladega. They are only 14 points behind 11th place and the season...
* Points Position: Jamie McMurray and the Texaco/Havoline team moved up one position to 12th in the overall standings after their 12th-place effort in last weekend's event at Talladega. They are only 14 points behind 11th place and the season ending $1 million bonus awarded to the highest finishing non-Chase team.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team have selected chassis #208 for this weekend's race at Kansas. This season the car has previously run in the second Michigan event (20th-place finish) and the second California race (eighth).
* There's No Place Like Home: McMurray, a native Joplin, Mo., considers Kansas Speedway his hometown track. The 1.5-mile speedway is approx. 160 miles from Joplin.
*McMurray has two top-10 finishes in two career NEXTEL Cup Series starts at Kansas. He has an average starting position of 12.5 and an average finish of 7.5. He's led a total of 19 laps of competition at the track.
* On the Road (sort of) Again: Immediately following the Talladega race, McMurray deviated from his normal travel routine and jumped in his motorcoach to make the trek to Kansas Speedway with his father Jim McMurray, who drives the coach full time.
* O'Reilly Auto Parts: McMurray will be at the O'Reilly Auto Parts store at 4600 NE Vivion Rd., Kansas City, Mo. 64119, signing autographs from 5 to 6 p.m CT.
* Annual Fan Club Meeting: McMurray will be hosting the annual Jamie McMurray Fan Club Meeting on Sat., Oct. 8 at the Cabela's located across from the Kansas Speedway. The event is for current fan club members only and begins at 3 p.m. CT. For more information, call 1-800-338-6016.
* Leading Laps for Autism Awareness: McMurray led a total of 38 laps last weekend at Talladega. As a part of his "Driving Autism Awareness" campaign, he will be donating $42 dollars for each lap led to benefit the Autism Society of America (ASA). Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates and McMurray's sponsors Cheveron Corp. and Home123 will be matching his contribution, together making a donation of $6,384 to ASA. For more information about the fundraising campaign or ASA visit www.autism-society.org or www.jamiemcmurray.com.
Jamie McMurray on Kansas:
"I enjoy racing at Kansas for a couple of reasons. It's a great facility and the racing is very competitive. More importantly though, it always feels good to head back to a racetrack and part of the country that is close to where you grew up. There will be a lot of friends and family in the stands this weekend cheering on the Texaco/Havoline Dodge.
"We had a really strong car and a great run at Talladega last week. We didn't get the end result we were hoping for, but I'm hoping we can carry that momentum into Kansas. It would be great to bring home a solid finish for the hometown fans."