Chassis No. 140 : This is a brand new chassis built for the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard. The No. 10 Valvoline Evernham team tested this chassis at Indy in early July. SCOTT RIGGS QUOTES: "The Allstate 400 at the Brickyard is a huge race and...
Chassis No. 140 : This is a brand new chassis built for the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard. The No. 10 Valvoline Evernham team tested this chassis at Indy in early July.
SCOTT RIGGS QUOTES:
"The Allstate 400 at the Brickyard is a huge race and of course we are looking forward to it. Evernham Dodges have had success at Indy in the past. We tested up there with everybody a couple of weeks ago, got rained out the first day but we learned a lot on Wednesday and felt good about our car when we left. My last two races at Indy started out good but we wound up getting caught up in someone else's wreck. Everywhere I have been this year its difficult to compare it to my previous two years in Cup. Not only have the tires changed and the typical rule changes like that, but my cars and team are so different. We have so many good engineers behind the scenes now, working on this Stanley Tools/Valvoline Dodge. They are doing what it takes to improve on our problems and make these cars drive even better and more consistent when we show up at the racetrack."
RODNEY CHILDERS QUOTES:
"We tested at Indy two weeks ago with all the other teams and we were very happy with how it went. By the time the day ended we were as fast as anybody there, especially on the long run. This is another new chassis we are bringing to the track this weekend, so its only been tested but not driven in a race yet."
* Riggs has two career starts at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway with an average finish of 36th, after being swept up in multi-car incidents each time.
* In his most recent race at Pocono, Scott Riggs started ninth and finished in the 22nd position in the Pennsylvania 500.
* Riggs will make his 91st career Nextel Cup series this weekend at the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard, having accumulated two poles, three top-five finishes, 11 top-10 finishes and more than $9 Million in winnings over his three year Nextel Cup career.
* The No. 10 Stanley Tools/Valvoline Dodge has been running at the end of all 19 Cup races in which it has competed this season as well as both exhibition races (Shootout and All-Star).
* Since missing the field for the Daytona 500, Valvoline Evernham Racing has climbed from 44th to 21st in owner's points, just two points out of the top 20.