When the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards™ get underway later this month in Las Vegas, superstar comedian, actor, producer, author and judge Howie Mandel will take the stage in another role he is extremely familiar with: show host.
Mandel, widely known for his role as a judge on the NBC hit reality show “America’s Got Talent,” is as versatile as they come in show business. For more than 30 years, Mandel has succeeded in a wide range of roles across a diverse landscape of entertainment genres. Accomplishments on his illustrious resume include:
- Host of the upcoming TV game show “Take It All” premiering Dec. 10 on NBC
- Executive producer and host of the FOX hidden camera series “Mobbed”
- Emmy® Award-nominated host of the TV game show “Deal Or No Deal”
- Actor on the Emmy Award-winning TV series “St. Elsewhere”
- New York Times best-selling author of Here’s The Deal: Don’t Touch Me
- Creator and executive producer of the Emmy Award-nominated children’s series “Bobby’s World”
- Internationally known stand-up comic, continues to perform as many as 200 concerts a year throughout the US and Canada.
“I’ve spent many years in my career evaluating and analyzing talent, and there is no doubt in my mind that these NASCAR drivers are the best drivers in the world,” said Mandel. “I’m really looking forward to hosting this year’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards to help honor the top 10 drivers and officially crown the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion.”
Each year, the awards have grown in stature and prestige, and this year’s edition will be no different. The event is always packed with appearances by big-name celebrities, popular recording artists and world-renowned entertainment acts, evidenced by names such as Reba McIntyre, Kid Rock and Rascal Flatts taking the stage in years past.
“Year after year, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Awards combines the excitement of NASCAR and the entertainment of Hollywood into a spectacular event,” said Zane Stoddard, NASCAR managing director, entertainment marketing and business development. “With Howie’s work on ‘America’s Got Talent’ and ‘Deal Or No Deal,’ he’s become one of the most recognizable and popular personalities in America and we feel he makes this year’s show one of the most anticipated in recent memory.”