ELLIOTT SADLER QUOTES "The No. 19 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger team bounced back last week after a couple of disappointing finishes. A good finish this weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway will provide momentum as we enter the off season and...
ELLIOTT SADLER QUOTES
"The No. 19 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger team bounced back last week after a couple of disappointing finishes. A good finish this weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway will provide momentum as we enter the off season and prepare for 2007. This Evernham Motorsports team has made significant progress in recent weeks. We have the equipment to be a competitive race team. We just have to get everything to mesh -- the setup and the communications. It will happen.
"We've got a lot of testing this winter with the COT (car of tomorrow) and getting ready for next year. We really want to hit the ground running and make sure we've got all the questions answered before we get to Daytona. That means I'm going to miss a little more hunting this year than I have in a long time.
"It's going to be very tough on all the teams next year. It's going to be very expensive on all the teams because the things that work on our regular car don't work on the COT. It's going to be a different mindset every week. The things that work on one don't work on the other, so it's going to be hard on the Team Director, hard on the driver. We've all got to learn to adapt."
STATS & FACTS
* Sadler's best finish at the Homestead-Miami Speedway is a ninth place (2002).
* Sadler's best start at Homestead-Miami came in 2004 when he qualified 15th.
* Sadler has been running at the finish in all seven of his starts at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
* In August, Ray Evernham named Sadler the driver of the No. 19 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger. This will be Sadler's 14th start with the Evernham Motorsports team.
* Sadler gained ground in the season point standings after Phoenix. He is currently 22nd, 89 points out of 20th.