* Sam Hornish Jr., driver of the Penske Racing No. 77 Auto Club Dodge Charger in the NASCAR Cup Series, will once again run the Auto Club of Southern California paint scheme this weekend at Auto Club Speedway. The Automobile Club of Southern ...
* Sam Hornish Jr., driver of the Penske Racing No. 77 Auto Club Dodge Charger in the NASCAR Cup Series, will once again run the Auto Club of Southern California paint scheme this weekend at Auto Club Speedway. The Automobile Club of Southern California and its affiliated clubs (AAA) will serve as primary sponsor of the No. 77 car for three events in 2010 and as co-primary for an additional two races.
* Hornish has a total of four starts in Cup Series competition at Fontana. Last October, Hornish earned a top-15 finish at the two-mile oval after battling back from a one-lap deficit to finish in 12th place.
* In 48 Cup Series starts at California, Penske Racing has a total of two wins along with eight top-five and 19 top-10 finishes. The organization also claims four Cup Series poles positions at the track built by team owner Roger Penske, one with former driver Ryan Newman and three with Kurt Busch.
* Hornish will be on hand to sign autographs at the Auto Club display in the Fan Zone at Auto Club Speedway on Sunday, February 21 at 8:45 a.m. PT.
Sam Hornish Jr.:
What are your thoughts on this weekend's race at Auto Club Speedway?
"I'm really looking forward to the Auto Club 500 for many reasons. First, to run the Auto Club paint scheme and to represent such an important organization is a great experience. I really couldn't ask for a better spot to be in this weekend. As for the race, I'm excited to get back on track in Fontana. I feel that we can make significant advances there this year and that the pieces have fallen into place for a strong run on Sunday."
Explain the importance of fuel mileage at Auto Club Speedway...
"We've had excellent fuel mileage over the past year and we've been able to make it to the end of the race when we needed it. Luckily, in the past at Fontana, I've either been in front of or behind someone when fuel mileage came into play, which helps me gauge how much fuel I need to save. It's a learning process for me and luck certainly comes into play as well."
Crew Chief Travis Geisler Quote
What are your thoughts on this weekend's Auto Club 500?
"The No. 77 team earned a top-15 finish when we raced at Auto Club Speedway last October. I feel that we have the opportunity to advance even further on Sunday and we are all looking forward to getting back on track after last weekend. It's a long race, so patience is very important all around. Other important factors to success are tire wear and fuel mileage because both typically become factors at Auto Club Speedway. Hopefully, we will be able to bring home a solid finish for the employees and members of the Auto Club and its affiliated clubs nationwide."
-source: penske racing