Target Team Fast Facts: * It Keeps Going and Going... The No. 41 Dodge will sport the EnergizerÂ® e2Â® Lithium paint scheme this weekend in the Auto Club 500 at California Speedway. The dynamic silver and blue paint scheme will feature...
Target Team Fast Facts:
* It Keeps Going and Going... The No. 41 Dodge will sport the Energizer® e2® Lithium paint scheme this weekend in the Auto Club 500 at California Speedway. The dynamic silver and blue paint scheme will feature Energizer® e2® Lithium, the World's Longest Lasting Battery in High Tech Devices, alongside the famous Energizer Bunny®.
* Chassis: Crew Chief Jimmy Elledge and the Target Team have selected chassis #206 for California. The team ran this car a total of 11 races in 2005 with driver Casey Mears. The team recorded six top-10 finishes and two-top-five finishes, including a sixth-place effort at Indianapolis and two near victories in the final events of the season at Texas Motor Speedway (fourth) and Homestead-Miami Speedway (fifth).
* Rookie Round Up: Sorenson currently sits fifth in the Raybestos Rookie of the Year standings after his 29th-place effort at Daytona International Speedway. Sorenson, with seven points, is nine points behind leader Clint Boyer.
* NEXTEL Cup Points Position: Sorenson and the Target team are 29th in the overall standings heading into the Auto Club 500. They are only 58 points out of the top 10.
* Busch Series Update: Sorenson finished ninth in last weekend's Busch Series season-opener at Daytona International Speedway. He currently sits ninth in the overall standings and is only 47 points out of first place heading into California.
* Discount Tire Appearance: Sorenson will be signing autographs from 4:30-6 p.m. PT on Feb. 23 at the Discount Tire Store located at 4583 Mills Circle, Ontario, Calif. 91764.
Reed Sorenson on California Speedway...
"I'm anxious to get on track in California this weekend. This race and the next few will be the true test for where we stack up against the rest of the competition. One-and-a-half to two-mile tracks make up a majority of the schedule and if you struggle on those then it's going to be a long season. We had a solid test at Las Vegas in January and we're using one of the cars we ran out there. It's a car Casey (Mears) and the team used a lot last year, and they almost won a few races with it. We all felt really good about how our cars performed in Vegas and I believe we'll be competitive when we unload for this weekend's events."
Sorenson on his first Daytona 500...
"I'm very pleased with how the Target team performed in Daytona although we didn't get the end result we deserved or hoped for. The crew did an incredible job preparing the car and it ran strong throughout all of Speedweeks. We put ourselves in position to get a top 10 in our first race together and that's all I can ask for. A cut tire took us out of contention with one lap to go, and those things we can't control. All in all, it was a successful start to the season and I think there are going to be many highlights for the Target team in 2006."