FAST FACTS * Matt Kenseth and Robbie Reiser have posted three career wins at California Speedway, all in the Busch Series while running for Reiser Enterprises. * Kenseth has led in six of his eight career Cup races at Fontana for a total of...
* Matt Kenseth and Robbie Reiser have posted three career wins at California Speedway, all in the Busch Series while running for Reiser Enterprises.
* Kenseth has led in six of his eight career Cup races at Fontana for a total of 206 laps.
* For his career, including Busch and Cup, Kenseth has completed 3351 of 3354 laps at California Speedway, or 99.9%.
* Kenseth's finish of 26th at Fontana last year in the spring race was his worst finish ever at California Speedway.
* Kenseth has finished in the top-10, three of the last five Cup races at California Speedway.
Kenseth on racing at California Speedway:
"To be honest with you, I think everyone looks forward to Fontana because it puts the race back into the teams' hands. You spend so much time and energy preparing for Daytona then you spend almost two weeks racing there. The frustrating part of Daytona is that there's so much that happens there that is out of your control. But Fontana is more like the racing we'll be doing for most of the season, so it's nice to get out there and have more control of your destiny than at Daytona or any restrictor-plate track. We feel good about where this race program is right now, and everyone on the DEWALT team is anxious to get out there and prove it."
Crew Chief Robbie Reiser on racing at California Speedway:
"We've had pretty good success at Fontana. Not quite as good as we'd like to have in the Cup Series but we've had a few runs where we were competing for the win. It's a two-mile, down-force track where we'll carry a lot of speed through the turns. It's so important at Fontana to be good on long runs, because we'll be sure to have a few. If you can still get the car to turn good about halfway through a run, you can really pick up a lot of positions on the back end of a green-flag run. The primary car we're bringing here has never raced before but it has tested and we think it will be a good one."