Jamie McMurray, No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts: * Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team are bringing chassis ...
Jamie McMurray, No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge
Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts:
* Chassis: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team are bringing chassis #304 to compete in the Auto Club 500 at California Speedway. McMurray has raced Chassis #304 in five of the first nine races in 2004, posting two top-five and three top-10 finishes. Chassis #304 was raced eight times during the 2003 season and scored two top-five and five top-10 finishes. McMurray last competed with Chassis #304 at Texas Motor Speedway earlier this month.
* McMurray Notes: McMurray heads into California Speedway sitting 11th in NASCAR NEXTEL Cup points, only 28 points out of the NASCAR Top 10. McMurray battled to a ninth-place finish last weekend at Talladega Superspeedway. McMurray has posted two top-five and six top-10 finishes in the first nine races of 2004. He has scored four straight top-10 finishes.
* McMurray will be sporting a special paint scheme this weekend at California Speedway to help launch the "$1 Million Dollar Birthday Bash" consumer promotion by ChevronTexaco.
* ChevronTexaco will hold a press conference this Friday at 9:30 a.m. in the press conference room at California Speedway to announce details about the lucrative promotion and to unveil the specially painted car McMurray will drive in Fontana.
* McMurray was able to add to his "Drive for a Cure" fundraising total for the Autism Society of America last weekend in Talladega. McMurray led four laps totaling $168 ($42 per lap led). With the pledge matches from ChevronTexaco and Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates, the total money raised was $504. To date, $15,120 has been raised for the Autism Society of America.
* The Joplin, Mo. native was named the 2003 NASCAR Raybestos Rookie of the Year and posted five top-five and 13 top-10 finishes, along with one Bud Pole Award during the 2003 season. He finished 13th in the final 2003 point standings.
Jamie McMurray Quotes:
Thoughts on Fontana: "We had a great run last year in Fontana with the Texaco/Havoline Dodge and should have won the race had the late-race caution not come out. We're taking the same car we ran there last year, and the car that we have run the most so far this season. I feel like we've learned some new things to do the car on the 1.5-mile and bigger tracks since the start of the season that should help us this weekend in Fontana. I feel really good about our chances."