* PAUL MENARD will make his sixth NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Auto Club Speedway this Sunday in the Pepsi 500. * MENARD AT FONTANA... In his five previous starts, Menard's best finish came in his first start at the two-mile speedway where...
* PAUL MENARD will make his sixth NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Auto Club Speedway this Sunday in the Pepsi 500.
* MENARD AT FONTANA... In his five previous starts, Menard's best finish came in his first start at the two-mile speedway where he finished 20th
* LAPS... Menard has completed 476 of 477 (99.8%) of the laps he has attempted in Cup Series competition at Auto Club Speedway.
* ENERGIZER RETURNS TO THE HOOD...The No. 98 team will unload the Energizer / Menards Ford Fusion for this weekend's Pepsi 500.
* MENARD RETURNS TO NATIONWIDE SERIES... Menard will make his 14th start this season in the Nationwide Series and his eighth Nationwide Series start at Auto Club Speedway
* LAPS LED AT AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY... Menard has led seven laps in Nationwide Series competition at the D-shaped speedway.
Menard on racing at Auto Club Speedway:
"Although it seems like last season since we raced at Fontana, I remember us having a really good run going before we lost a transmission about halfway through the race. So far this season we've had some of our best runs at the intermediate tracks. We had a really good car at Atlanta and then last week at Kansas we unloaded really well and I thought we were going to have a strong race.
"Larry (Carter) and all the guys at Ford Racing have done a great job with getting our car to qualify better and to start the race better. Now if we can just finish the races in one piece we'd be in a much better position. Hopefully we can have a great weekend at Fontana in our No. 98 Energizer / Menards Ford Fusion."
Crew Chief Larry Carter on racing at Auto Club Speedway:
"We did a great job the last couple of weekends with our qualifying and improving ourselves in practice on Saturday. We had what I thought was going to be a pretty good race last weekend, but we started the car out just a little too free. This weekend at Fontana I think we'll have a good run. As a whole, both the No. 98 team and the entire Ford group have been pretty good at the intermediate tracks."
Menard on racing at Auto Club Speedway in the Nationwide Series:
"I really can't say enough about the job that Matt (Puccia) and all the guys on the No. 98 Richmond / Menards Nationwide team have done this season. We are taking the same car that we've run so well with this season at the intermediate tracks. Those guys work so hard both at the shop and at the track to give me the best car possible and it has really shown with our finishes this season. I'm looking forward to being back with them this weekend."
Crew Chief Matt Puccia on racing at Auto Club Speedway in the Nationwide Series:
"I know I speak for all the guys on the No. 98 Richmond / Menards team when I say that we are ready to get back to the track. This team has performed really well this season and is looking forward to having Paul back in the car this weekend. We are bringing a Ford Fusion that has been good to us this season and should have a good showing on Saturday."