The Home Depot Team Notes of Interest * Joey Logano will be making his second start at Auto Club Speedway in The Home Depot Toyota this weekend. In just his second Cup start in the No. 20 Camry in February, Logano started from the 34th ...
The Home Depot Team Notes of Interest
* Joey Logano will be making his second start at Auto Club Speedway in The Home Depot Toyota this weekend. In just his second Cup start in the No. 20 Camry in February, Logano started from the 34th position and finished the race 26th. He will also be pulling double duty again this weekend as he races the No. 20 Toyota on Saturday in the NASCAR Nationwide Series race.
* Logano captured the Nationwide win last weekend in the Our House: Party! video game paint scheme. The video game and the Nationwide car sponsorship was a partnership between The Home Depot, Majesco Entertainment Company and GameStop. The Home Depot's retail partnership with GameStop will feature a number of activation programs including the distribution of The Home Depot Mystery Gift Cards. GameStop customers will receive a Home Depot Mystery Gift Card valued from $1 to $1,000 in every Our House: Party! video game as a gift with purchase, available at GameStop store locations and online at www.gamestop.com.
* Logano remains 20th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup standings following his 28th-place finish last weekend at Kansas. The race was filled with many obstacles for The Home Depot team including an early spin, damage from a multi-car incident and the loss of power steering. The team soldiered on to earn the 28th spot and remain 20th in the point standings.
* Meet Logano! Fans of Logano can meet the driver at the Auto Club Speedway on Thursday from 6 -- 8 p.m. PT at the Coke Zero display as part of the track's fan fest.
* Welcome aboard The Home Depot Associates from store # 8540 in Mount Pleasant, Tex. The store number will ride along with Logano for the 500-mile event on Sunday. Four lakes reside within 20 minutes of Mount Pleasant and offer 17,000 acres of water fun. Known as the "Bass Capital of Texas", Mount Pleasant is home to some of the best fishing and water recreation in the state.
* The Home Depot Team is taking chassis #258 to the track this weekend in Fontana, Calif. This will be the maiden trip for this chassis in Sprint Cup competition.
* Logano maintains his lead over Scott Speed in the Raybestos Rookie standings by 23 points (218-195) following Kansas. Logano was leading Speed last weekend before his Home Depot Toyota ran out of fuel after taking the white flag and finished one spot behind his fellow rookie. Last year's top rookie finished18th in the fall event at Auto Club Speedway.
Logano on California:
"I'm actually really looking forward to getting back to California. It was only the second race of the season so I was still trying to figure these cars out. We started out pretty bad but got much better at the end. Michigan was the same way for me the first race. The beginning of the race was tough and got better as the race when on. When I went back to Michigan again I qualified in the top 10 and we ran solidly in the top 10 most of the day to finish seventh. Hopefully I will have similar results my second time at California."