STATESVILLE, N.C. -- Elliott Sadler, driver of the No. 19 Stanley Dodge, is spending the week between Kansas and California on the hunt for adventure and big bull elk. Sadler, an avid outdoorsman, was joined by SPEED's Jeff Hammond and fellow...
STATESVILLE, N.C. -- Elliott Sadler, driver of the No. 19 Stanley Dodge, is spending the week between Kansas and California on the hunt for adventure and big bull elk. Sadler, an avid outdoorsman, was joined by SPEED's Jeff Hammond and fellow driver Terry Labonte to go on his first ever elk hunt. The group left Kansas on Sunday night and headed to an undisclosed location in New Mexico in an attempt to hunt a bull elk.
SADLER ON GOING ELK HUNTING FOR THE FIRST TIME: "I love being outdoors. Everyone who knows me knows that. I spend the majority of my off season deer hunting back home in Emporia, VA. I'm a member of three hunt clubs and own over 40 Walker Hounds. It's something I grew up doing with my Dad and it's something we can still enjoy together now.
"This week I have the opportunity to go on an elk hunt in New Mexico. I've never done that before so I'm really looking forward to it. I have always been a huge fan of Bill Jordan (Founder of Realtree) so for him to help orchestrate this is amazing. Hopefully when I get to the track on Friday I'll have some pictures to show off! And, the best part is, we'll have a TV crew with us all week to capture everything on video."
SADLER ON AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY: "I'm excited to be heading out to California a little later this year. The last few times we've come out here for the second race it's been very, very hot and the track is extremely slick. This time the temperatures should be a little more reasonable and I'm excited to see how the cars handle on the track. We should see some very good side-by-side racing."
* Auto Club Speedway is the site of Sadler's most recent Sprint Cup Series win (Sept. 4, 2004). Sadler started 17th and led 59 laps to defeat current teammate Kasey Kahne by 0.263 seconds in the Pop Secret 500.
* Sadler has started sixth the previous two fall races at Auto Club Speedway.
* Sadler is tied with Tony Stewart for the longest active non-DNF streak (52 races) of drivers that have competed in every race. Teammate Reed Sorenson now has the longest overall streak at 55 races, but did not compete last season at Infineon.
* Sadler's last DNF occurred on June 1, 2008 at Dover. Both Sadler and Stewart were involved in the same on-track incident to start their current streaks.
* The Stanley team is bringing chassis No. 270 to Auto Club Speedway. No. 270 previously raced as the No. 44 Dodge of AJ Allmendinger at California-1, Texas-1 and Dover-1. Chassis 259 will serve as the backup.