DAVID GILLILAND, YATES RACING CitiFinancial driver David Gilliland on Fontana: "Going home to Southern California is something that I always look forward to, not only to go racing at what I consider my home track on our circuit, but it's...
DAVID GILLILAND, YATES RACING
CitiFinancial driver David Gilliland on Fontana:
"Going home to Southern California is something that I always look forward to, not only to go racing at what I consider my home track on our circuit, but it's always great to see old friends and people who I raced for as I was growing up. I feel really good going into this weekend with our CitiFinancial Racing team. We learned a lot at Michigan both times that we raced there this season. I feel that a lot of those notes will translate into racing at California this weekend and will make us stronger. I'm excited to head back out West this week and confident in our team to secure a solid finish."
CitiFinancial crew chief Cully Barraclough on Fontana:
"David (Gilliland) is from California so we know that he's looking forward to going back home this weekend and racing. David has a lot of history with racing at Fontana; he's run a lot of races there as he was growing up, and his dad had a lot of success at this track as well, so I know this a place he anticipates running at. David had a lot of success in the West Series when he was coming up the racing ranks so we're looking to get him that breakthrough run at his home track this weekend in our No. 38 CitiFinancial Ford."
* Gilliland will sign autographs at the Ford Racing merchandise trailer on Sunday, August 31st at 1:30pm
* Gilliland has an average starting position of 26.5, and an average finish of 24.8 at Fontana
* Gilliland has completed 995 of 1,000 career laps at Fontana (99.5 percent)
* Gilliland's best start at Fontana is fourteenth which he accomplished in the 2007 Sharp Aquos 500
* Gilliland's best finish at Fontana is 17th which he accomplished in the 2008 Auto Club 500
* Gilliland attended high school at Western High School in Anaheim, California
Chassis #562 is the chassis the #38 CitiFinancial Racing team will be running this weekend for the Pepsi 500 at Auto Club Speedway. This is the same chassis the team last ran at Phoenix for the Subway Fresh Fit 500 and finished 15th.