BOBBY LABONTE * This week's race will be the first for the No. 96 team in the home state of its primary sponsor Ask.com. The search engine company is headquartered in Oakland. * Labonte has four top-five and five top-10...
* This week's race will be the first for the No. 96 team in the home state of its primary sponsor Ask.com. The search engine company is headquartered in Oakland.
* Labonte has four top-five and five top-10 finishes at Auto Club Speedway in 17 starts at the two-mile D-shaped oval.
* Labonte sat on the pole at Auto Club Speedway in 2001.
* In his 17-year tenure as a full-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver, Labonte has had the most success at tracks similar to Auto Club Speedway. Labonte has 12 wins, 16 poles and has led 2,834 laps at tracks in the one- to two-mile range. Thirty-three of those laps were led at Auto Club Speedway.
* In 4,180 possible laps, Labonte has completed 4,255 laps, a 98.2 percent consistency at Auto Club Speedway.
* After an impressive finish in the Daytona 500, Labonte has gained seven positions in points and will enter the weekend 21st for car owner Jeff Moorad.
Auto Club 500 Chassis: RK-540
Back Up Chassis: RK-574
Bobby Labonte on racing at Auto Club Speedway in the Auto Club 500:
"We're no longer a brand new team; last week we learned a lot. These Ford engines are fast and I know we can get this car to where it needs to be to get a win in this week. Todd and I have been talking a lot and I'm ready to see how well his changes feel on the two-mile, D-shaped oval. I'm so thrilled to be back with Ford and have such a motivated sponsor in Ask.com. I'm looking forward to racing this Hall of Fame car into the Chase this year. I hope to start that momentum this week in Fontana."
Crew chief Todd Parrott on racing at Auto Club Speedway in the Auto Club 500:
"Bobby did a great job in the No. 96 Ask.com Ford Fusion last week. It was a handful but we've come home, made some changes and we're ready to win this week in Fontana. The guys, both in the shop and on the road, have really put in the time and effort to get us where we need to be. With no testing this year, I think Daytona was a bit of a bumpy road for many of us. I know this Ask.com team has worked out the kinks and we're ready to compete for a win this week."
Sarah Wooley | No. 96 Account Manager | Yates Racing
c 980.230.2480 | p 704.720.4624 | f 704.720.4606
[ Part 2, "image002.gif" Image/GIF 7.5KB. ] [ Unable to print this part. ]