McMurray on racing at Dover International Speedway: "Dover is a very unique race track and I feel that it's the fastest one-mile track we visit on the circuit. Entry into the corner is also very different from any other track we go to because...
McMurray on racing at Dover International Speedway:
"Dover is a very unique race track and I feel that it's the fastest one-mile track we visit on the circuit. Entry into the corner is also very different from any other track we go to because at Dover you kind of fall down into the corners. The straightaways are pretty narrow, but you have the ability to run any line there, which helps when it comes to advancing through the field. Dover is a track that I've had a lot of success at over the last few years and one of the most important things about Dover is being able to qualify well. Our Crown Royal team had a pretty good qualifying run at Bristol, which is a fairly similar track, so I expect that we'll be able to get comparable results this weekend."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at Dover International Speedway:
"Racing at Dover on the concrete high-banked surface can be a challenge for teams due to the fast pace and narrow track. The keys to success are: having a good-balanced race car, staying out of trouble, clean pit stops, and good track position. Qualifying is really important when we go to these shorter tracks so we're going to do all that we can to get our Crown Royal Ford up at the front of the pack. We feel that this is going to be a strong weekend for the No. 26 team since Jamie has had success at Dover."
* In his twelve career Cup series starts at Dover, McMurray averages a 14.8 starting position and a 16.2 finishing position
* McMurray has led 131 laps at the "Monster Mile," which marks Dover as McMurray's second best track in laps lead following Charlotte
* McMurray has recorded one top-five and five top-ten finishes at Dover
* Dover ranks as McMurray's third best track in starting position behind Sonoma and Martinsville
* McMurray's best Cup series starting position at Dover is fifth which he accomplished in 2008 and his best finish at Dover is second which he achieved in 2006
* This weekend at Dover, McMurray will pilot the No. 26 Crown Royal Ford Fusion
* Entering the Autism Speaks 400, McMurray is currently 21st in the Sprint Cup driver point standings