Edwards on racing at Dover: "We had a really good run at Dover back in June and since then we've made a lot of advances in our Car of Tomorrow program. I think this weekend will be great for the Office Depot team, if we can get the No. 99...
Edwards on racing at Dover:
"We had a really good run at Dover back in June and since then we've made a lot of advances in our Car of Tomorrow program. I think this weekend will be great for the Office Depot team, if we can get the No. 99 handling well. In the spring we didn't handle as well as we should have so I wasn't able to catch the leaders. We have one 'Chase' race under our belt and we finished 12th in a back-up car with no practice. I think championships are defined by your bad days and if that's a bad day for us, I think we have a chance at the championship."
Crew Chief, Bob Osborne on racing at Dover:
"We had a pretty strong run at Dover back in June and since then we've continued to improve and that's encouraging. I think with some fine tuning and more practice, we'll be just fine. Dover is a really unique track. It's different from any other track in that you drop off into the corner whereas at the other tracks you run up a hill into the corners. You have to have a brave driver to be fast at Dover. You have to have a driver that's not worried about how he's going to land when he drives off into the corner and I think we have that kind of driver in Carl Edwards. If we can improve on our third-place finish from June, I think we'll be looking good in the point standings."
* It's week two of the 'Chase' and Carl Edwards currently sits eighth in the overall point standings. Edwards and the No. 99 team struggled a bit in New Hampshire but they are hoping to rebound this week at Dover. Edwards currently has 5147 points, 63 points behind the leader Jimmie Johnson
* Edwards will make his sixth Cup start at Dover this weekend. In his previous starts, Edwards has achieved two top-five and three top-10 finishes
* Edwards has led a total of 41 laps at Dover in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series
* 10.5 is Edwards' average finish at the Monster Mile
* In five NASCAR Busch Series starts at Dover, Edwards boasts one win, two top-five and three top-10 finishes. The win came in the June race of 2007
* The No. 99 Office Depot team will be unloading chassis No. RK-454, the same car that Edwards raced at Darlington in May of this year. He started that race fourth and finished fifth
* The Chase is On-- Catch Edwards every Thursday night on the SPEED Channel at 8:00 PM (ET), as he and NASCAR broadcaster Steve Byrnes recap the races in the 'Chase' for the NEXTEL Cup