Carl Edwards on racing at Dover International Speedway: "We have nine races left in the Chase and we are going to Dover to win this race. We are going all out 100 percent. There is no other way we are going to win this championship. I'm excited...
Carl Edwards on racing at Dover International Speedway: "We have nine races left in the Chase and we are going to Dover to win this race. We are going all out 100 percent. There is no other way we are going to win this championship. I'm excited to go there. It's a great track for me and my Aflac team. We've had some really good runs there including a win. For me this is one of the races in the Chase where I can make a difference as a driver."
Crew chief Bob Osborne on racing at Dover International Speedway: "Dover is a tough track. It's really unique and different from any other track that we go to. I think it's probably one of the more physically demanding tracks on a driver, but Carl and the Aflac team are up to the challenge. In recent years the 99 program has had some success at Dover, and we got a top-10 finish there in the spring. We need another good run there to get back up in the points to have a shot at winning the Chase. We struggled at New Hampshire, so we need to rebound at Dover this weekend."
* Carl Edwards enters Dover 11th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup point standings, 113 markers behind Chase leader Mark Martin. In 27 starts this season, Edwards has accumulated seven top-five and 11 top-10 finishes.
* FOR THE RECORD...Edwards will make his 11th Cup start at Dover International Speedway this weekend. In his previous starts, Edwards has one win, five top-five, and seven top-10 finishes. His average start is 15.5 and his average finish is 7.6.
* LAPS... Edwards has led 297 laps at the one-mile Delaware track. He has only led more laps at two other tracks on the NASCAR circuit - Texas (476) and Atlanta (299). He has completed 99.9 percent of his laps there (3999 of 4000 laps).
* ON THE TRACK...The Aflac team will be bringing chassis RK-596 to the "Monster Mile." Edwards raced this chassis most recently at Bristol in August of this year. He started that race 32nd and finished 16th. Edwards most notably raced RK-596 at Dover in May. He started that race 13th, led 12 laps and finished seventh.
* REWIND, DOVER, September 2008... After waging a 30-lap battle with Roush Fenway Racing teammates Greg Biffle and Matt Kenseth for the win, Edwards came up short in his quest for the checkered flag and left Dover with a third-place finish.