Bobby Labonte on racing at Dover International Speedway: "We're starting our summer tour this weekend in Dover and I'm looking forward to climbing into the No. 96 Ask.com Ford Fusion there for the first time. It's like baby steps. We're ...
Bobby Labonte on racing at Dover International Speedway:
"We're starting our summer tour this weekend in Dover and I'm looking forward to climbing into the No. 96 Ask.com Ford Fusion there for the first time. It's like baby steps. We're getting there as a team and I feel like we're slowly starting to round the corner. We were lucky enough to finish 12th on Monday with the rainout and I think we'll have a good race this weekend at Dover.
"Dover one of those tracks that is really good to the fans and it always makes for good racing. I like racing in Dover; it's different and I think the Ask.com guys, Ben (Leslie) and myself are looking forward to racing there this weekend."
Crew chief Ben Leslie on racing at Dover International Speedway:
"We climbed two positions in the points last week at Lowe's and I think we're on the top swing of bringing this team back into contention. We've just got to follow through and continue to get better each week. The guys have been doing a great job and we just need to keep up the good work and get some solid finishes in and climb a few more positions in the points. We've got a great team and a great driver so there is no reason why we shouldn't be able to do that."
Bobby Labonte -- Fast Facts
Team: No. 96 Ask.com Ford Fusion
* Labonte has three pole awards, one win, 11 top-five and 14 top-10s in 33 starts at Dover International Speedway.
* In 1999, Labonte started on the pole and won the MBNA Platinum 400 in Dover, Del.
* Ten top-five starts at Dover gives Labonte an average starting position of 14th with an average finish of 16th.
* Labonte has completed 12,653 laps at the 1-mile concrete oval.
* This weekend will mark Labonte's 34th start at Dover, 255th start at an intermediate track and 559th start in the Sprint Cup series.
* The No. 96 Ask.com Ford Fusion will sport an Autism Speaks paint scheme this weekend for the Autism Speaks 400.