Scott Riggs No. 10 Valvoline/Stanley Tools Dodge Charger Daytona International Speedway --- Budweiser Shootout Scott Riggs Quotes: "We are going to go down there for the Shootout and try to have some fun and hopefully learn something about...
Scott Riggs No. 10 Valvoline/Stanley Tools Dodge Charger
Daytona International Speedway --- Budweiser Shootout
Scott Riggs Quotes:
"We are going to go down there for the Shootout and try to have some fun and hopefully learn something about the car and the draft that will help us in the 150. Our Valvoline/Stanley Tools Dodge Charger for the Shootout is one of Evernham's best cars from last year, and the guys have done a lot of work to it on top of that to give me the best piece possible."
"This will be my first race with Valvoline Evernham Racing and obviously I am very enthusiastic about that. But what's exceptional about this new team is the success Rodney (Childers) has had recruiting top guys to come work for us. They didn't leave the shop until 9:30 last night and they were right back in there at 5:30 this morning. The sacrifices they make at this time of year are substantial, and we are ready to have something to show for it on Saturday night."
Rodney Childers Quotes:
"The Shootout car is one of Kasey's (Kahne) from last year. He qualified in the top 10 with it last year for the 150 but got caught up in a wreck there. We cut all of the sheetmetal off it except the roof, the hood, and the decklid. Obviously we save our very best Charger and motor for the 500 cars but this one was not far off."
"As far as preparation goes we try to treat both races equal. A lot of teams will push their Shootout cars to the side and not really work on them but we have worked hard on ours. I know they have spent a lot more time on their Shootout cars at Evernham Motorsports as a whole than they ever have before."
* Scott Riggs is one of four drivers participating in their first Budweiser Shootout this weekend and one of 23 drivers eligible for the race. He qualified for the event by capturing the Bud Pole Award at Martinsville Speedway in April. The pole was the first of Riggs' Nextel Cup career.
* Riggs will attempt to become the fifth driver to win the race in his first appearance. Buddy Baker (1979), Dale Earnhardt (1980), Jeff Gordon (1994) and Dale Jarrett (1996) are the only drivers who have yet to accomplish this feat.
* The race kicks off Riggs third season with sponsorship from Valvoline and marks the first event for Valvoline Evernham Racing.
* During preseason testing at Daytona International Raceway (DIS), Riggs set the fastest lap for the Dodge contingent with an average speed of 186.776 mph.
* Riggs qualified second in his most recent race at DIS (July 2005).