Kasey Kahne, No. 9 Budweiser Dodge Charger Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest * This weekend will mark Kasey Kahne's fourth career start in the Budweiser Shootout at Daytona International Speedway (DIS). * In four starts in the...
Kasey Kahne, No. 9 Budweiser Dodge Charger
Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest
* This weekend will mark Kasey Kahne's fourth career start in the Budweiser Shootout at Daytona International Speedway (DIS).
* In four starts in the Shootout, Kahne has two top-10 finishes.
* Kahne has an average start of 10th and an average finish of 13th in the Budweiser Shootout.
* Kahne's best finish in the Budweiser Shootout is ninth, a position he earned during his first start in the annual race. His best start is fifth, the starting position he randomly selected during the 2007 edition of the Shootout
* The Budweiser Shootout draw party to randomly select the lineup for the 31st annual Budweiser Shootout will take place on Thursday night at DIS. SPEED channel will broadcast the event beginning at 8 p.m. ET.
* Budweiser presents Kasey Kahne with special guest Dierks Bentley in the "Off the Track. Off the Record" One Night Stand event at the Coliseum in Daytona Beach, Fla. on Friday, February 6th. Fans can obtain the tickets to the event via radio and/or retail promotions in and around the Daytona Beach area.
* Dierks Bentley, whose latest album "Feel That Fire" will be released on Feb. 3, will perform before thousands of race fans before and after the 31st annual Budweiser Shootout on Saturday night, Feb. 7 at DIS. Bentley, who previously performed a pre-race and post-race concert for the 2007 Budweiser Shootout, will sing three of his hit songs from the Pre-Race Stage before the start of the Budweiser Shootout.
Kahne Discusses Racing in the Budweiser Shootout at Daytona:
Is there an added element of excitement at the Shootout with Budweiser as your primary sponsor? "I always want to win but it would be more special to be able to win this race with Budweiser as my sponsor. It's all pretty exciting. Budweiser is one of the most respected sponsors in all of sports and the entire team would love to kick the season off with a trip to Victory Lane."
Without preseason testing, will participating in this year's Budweiser Shootout be even more important? "I think so. Track time is always important. It will be the first opportunity since November for a lot of us to get back into race mode. It also gives us (RPM drivers) an opportunity to draft together before the Daytona 500."
What do you like about participating in the Budweiser Shootout? "There's no pressure. No points on the line, just putting it all out there for the win. You can take a few extra chances that you might not take in the 500. I think the new format will be more exciting for the fans too. This is the largest field to start in the shootout so I think we'll see a little more action than in previous races."