New Daytona International Speedway grandstand begins to take shape.
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Although 2013 will soon come to a close, construction activities related to the DAYTONA Rising project continue to accelerate. Daytona International Speedway is also preparing for the 52nd Anniversary of the Rolex 24 At Daytona and Budweiser Speedweeks 2014 to ensure that the facility is “race ready” for fans.
Here is a recap of key construction activities since the last update in November:
- Initial steel installation near the east end of new grandstand footprint
- Completed pile cap installation
- Operationalized domestic water and fire lines
- Began asphalt paving near the west end of new grandstand footprint
Upcoming construction activities:
- Ongoing steel installation
- First Slab on Metal Deck (First Elevated Concrete Pour)
- Masonry work commences
Daytona International Speedway