DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – After breaking ground at the beginning of July, Daytona International Speedway’s historic DAYTONA Rising project is off to a fast start.
Here are the construction activities currently underway:
- Demolition of all underground utilities and overhead power lines along the entire frontstretch
- Relocations of fire pump, emergency generators and electrical panels
- Installation of water and storm sanitary lines on the west side
- Installation of electrical ductbank and manholes on the west side
- Demolition of Americrown buildings at Hospitality Village
- Demolition of Commissary Building at the base of the Sprint Tower
- Initial installation of anchors and footings for temporary ticketing gates
ROSSETTI, an award-winning architectural design and planning firm for the past 40 years, which headed the design for Ford Field NFL Stadium, University of Notre Dame Compton Family Ice Arena and five Major League Soccer Stadiums, is leading the master planning of the DAYTONA Rising site.
Race fans can follow the progress of the DAYTONA Rising project by visiting www.DAYTONARising.com
Daytona International Speedway