Cars, Artifacts To Be On Display During Coke Zero 400 Weekend Petty Cars, Artifacts To Be On Display During Coke Zero 400 Weekend Powered By Coca-Cola @Exhibit Part of the 25th Anniversary Celebration Of Petty's 200th Win DAYTONA BEACH, Fla....
Cars, Artifacts To Be On Display During Coke Zero 400 Weekend
Petty Cars, Artifacts To Be On Display During Coke Zero 400 Weekend Powered By Coca-Cola @Exhibit Part of the 25th Anniversary Celebration Of Petty's 200th Win
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- From race-winning Richard Petty cars to the driver's suit that Petty used to win his historic 200th and final NASCAR race in 1984 400-mile mid-summer classic, race fans during the upcoming Coke Zero 400 Weekend on July 2-4 at Daytona 500 Experience motorsports attraction and the Sprint FANZONE inside Daytona International Speedway will be able to view priceless artifacts documenting a historic racing career.
The Petty exhibit is part of Daytona International Speedway's 25th anniversary celebration of Petty's 200th victory, which took place July 4, 1984 with President Ronald Reagan in attendance.
All of the cars and mementos are on loan from the Petty Museum in Level Cross, N.C., and will remain on display at Daytona 500 Experience, "The Official Attraction of NASCAR," through the end of the year.
"We're grateful to Richard Petty and the entire Petty family for assisting us in putting together this exhibit," Daytona International Speedway President Robin Braig said. "The 'King' has been enormously generous in loaning some prized treasures from his museum and race fans aren't going to want to miss the opportunity to view these priceless items during the upcoming Coke Zero 400 Weekend."
Among the Petty cars are on display include:
* No. 43 Pontiac that Petty drove to win his 199th race at Dover and is a replica of his 200th-winning car (Daytona 500 Experience)
* Oldsmobile from Petty's 1979 Daytona 500 (Daytona 500 Experience)
* 1966-67 Plymouth Belvedere, which won 27 races in the 1967 NASCAR season (Daytona 500 Experience)
* The No. 43 Buick from Petty's seventh and final Daytona 500 win in 1981 (Daytona 500 Experience )
* 1957 Convertible (Daytona 500 Experience)
* Original Mini Cooper (Daytona 500 Experience)
* Replica No. 43 car from Petty's 200th win (Sprint FANZONE)
Among the many unique items from the Petty memorabilia collection on display inside the Goodyear Heritage of Daytona inside Daytona 500 Experience include:
* Trophy from his victory in the 1984 mid-summer classic
* Driver's uniform and helmet from his 200th win
* Green flag from the 1984 July race
* Large collection of trophies including all seven Daytona 500s and his 100th NASCAR win
* Belt buckles representing his seven NASCAR championships as well as his 1974 and 1979 titles.
* Die-casts, racing helmets and photos
In addition to the exhibit, Petty will drive a replica 200th-winning No. 43 Pontiac during the pace laps for the Coke Zero 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race, make numerous appearances through DIS property and participate in a special Suite with Richard Petty ticket package.
Petty's updated Fan Forum schedule is:
Friday, July 3
* Daytona 500 Experience motorsports attraction: 11 a.m.
* Sprint FANZONE, 3 p.m.
Saturday, July 4
* Sprint FANZONE - TBD
* Coke Zero Club Visit -- 5 pm
* Suite with Richard Petty Visit -- 5:15 p.m.
Tickets for the Coke Zero 400 Powered By Coca-Cola on Saturday night, July 4 start at $40. Tickets are available on your web-enabled phone at mobile.daytonainternationalspeedway.com, online at www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com or by calling 1-800-PITSHOP.