Driver, David Gilliland: "I really enjoy racing at Daytona. This will only be the fourth time I've started a Cup race there, but I really enjoy restrictor plate racing and I've been fortunate enough to have had some very good runs at Daytona.
Driver, David Gilliland:
"I really enjoy racing at Daytona. This will only be the fourth time I've started a Cup race there, but I really enjoy restrictor plate racing and I've been fortunate enough to have had some very good runs at Daytona. It's just a very special track to race at. It is a place that is steeped in the history of our sport and to have solid runs there really makes a driver feel good. Our team has really been focused on our Daytona program and making sure that we're able to maximize all the speed and power that our cars and engines are capable of. I'm really proud of what our FreeCreditReport.com team has accomplished this year and I hope to have another great race weekend at Daytona."
Crew Chief, Cully Barraclough:
"I'm really looking forward to going to Daytona this weekend for Saturday night racing. We're taking a brand new car that we're very excited about and Doug (Yates) has been working extensively on our engine package for this weekend as well. Our Roush-Yates engines are known for their horsepower and we're looking forward to showing off our speed this weekend while at Daytona. David (Gilliland) really enjoys racing at Daytona and it's quickly become one of his favorite stops throughout the year, so we're looking forward to a great weekend with our FreeCreditReport.com Racing team."
NOTES OF INTEREST:
* Gilliland will sign autographs at the Ford Racing merchandise trailer on Saturday, July 5th from 4:00pm-4:30pm
* Gilliland captured the pole for the 2007 Daytona 500 for his first race at Daytona International Speedway
* Gilliland has an average starting position of 21.7, and an average finish of 15.7 at Daytona
* Gilliland has completed all 562 career laps at Daytona (100 percent) and has led for 18 laps
* Gilliland's best finish at Daytona is eighth which he accomplished in the 2007 Daytona 500
Chassis #592 is the chassis the #38 FreeCreditReport.com team will be running this weekend for the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway. This is a brand new chassis for the team.