Sterling Marlin, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * Chassis: The Coors Light team will race chassis ...
Sterling Marlin, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* Chassis: The Coors Light team will race chassis #209 at the Daytona 500. This is the same car that raced at the fall Talladega last season and finished 39th after overheating.
* Daytona International Speedway: Marlin has had 20 Top-10 finishes in 43 starts at Daytona International Speedway. He has won the Daytona 500 twice and the July race once.
* Qualifying for the Daytona 500: Marlin's top qualifying effort was a pole position in February 1992. He has qualified in the Top-5 six times in 22 attempts.
* New associate sponsor: Prilosec OTC officially begins its associate sponsorship of the No. 40 Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates Nextel Cup entry this weekend at Daytona International Speedway. Beginning Sunday, February 8, fans will have the opportunity to vote for one of three different No. 40 Prilosec OTC paint schemes posted on www.prilosecotc.com. Fans will be able to vote on the website by clicking on their favorite paint scheme. Paint scheme selection will conclude at 12 midnight, April 30. The No. 40 Prilosec OTC Dodge paint scheme that receives the most votes will be unveiled at Lowe's Motor Speedway on Friday, May 28.
* January Testing: When Marlin and the Coors Light Team visited Daytona in January they were seventh overall. The Coors Light Dodge had a cumulative time of 187.649 mph.
STERLING MARLIN QUOTE:
"Last season was one of the most aggravating seasons I have had in a long time, "Marlin said. "I had high expectations but we made some mistakes and we got caught up in other people's mistakes. The Coors Light crew and I are ready to roll our sleeves up and work hard this season. We had a good testing session here last month, learned a lot of things and tried a lot of things, and I am really happy with our chances for the race next week."
LEE McCALL, CREW CHIEF QUOTES:
How do you feel about your chances for the Daytona 500 after the first practice today?
"We have tried some things during this first day of practice that makes our chances even better for the Daytona 500," McCall said. "We ran 17th during the morning practice session, we made some changes and we were able to jump up to ninth in the afternoon session. There have been some changes to the spoilers and the tires but so far these changes have not affected the cars too bad except for making them a little tighter."