JEREMY MAYFIELD QUOTES "This is the Daytona 500. Anything can and will happen. Last year, we were running in the Top 10 with less than 10 miles to go, but a caution and flat tire left us outside the Top 20." "We're back and we're better...
JEREMY MAYFIELD QUOTES
"This is the Daytona 500. Anything can and will happen. Last year, we were running in the Top 10 with less than 10 miles to go, but a caution and flat tire left us outside the Top 20."
"We're back and we're better this year. We've done a lot of testing in the off-season with the No. 19 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger. My new team is assembled and ready. We'll find out how we stack up on Thursday. Then we'll do some fine tuning on the car for the 500."
"Don't take this No. 19 Dodge Charger team lightly. They're pumped and ready to go racing...I know Jeremy Mayfield is ready."
STATS & FACTS
JEREMY MAYFIELD IN THE DAYTONA 500
* This weekend's race marks Mayfield's 13th start in the Daytona 500. Last year he started 24th and finished 23rd, and led one lap.
* In 13 Daytona 500 starts, Mayfield has collected one top-five, four top-10s and led nine laps.
JEREMY MAYFIELD AT DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY
* In Mayfield's last visit to Daytona in July 2005, he started 31st and finished 12th.
* Mayfield has 24 career starts at Daytona International Speedway. In that span he has collected two top-fives, six top-10s and led 10 laps. His career-best start came in the 1999 Daytona 500 when Mayfield started sixth, and his earned his career-best finish in October 1998 when he finished fourth.
NEW LOOK FOR 2006
* Starting with the Daytona 500, the No. 19 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger will sport a new paint scheme for the 2006 season. Reflecting the bold design of the Dodge Charger production vehicle, the No. 19 will still feature the bright red hood with the signature Dodge Ram's head and branding for the Dodge Dealers. But, Mayfield's Charger will have black doors and fenders and the numbers on the side of the car will be red and those on the roof will be white.