David Stremme, No. 40 Dodge Charger No. 40 TEAM FACTS: * 2006 Sponsors: The No. 40 Dodge Charger will sport both the Coors Light and Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon logos this season. The two will serve as the primary sponsors for 17...
David Stremme, No. 40 Dodge Charger
No. 40 TEAM FACTS:
* 2006 Sponsors: The No. 40 Dodge Charger will sport both the Coors Light and Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon logos this season. The two will serve as the primary sponsors for 17 races each, and be an associate sponsor for the other 19 races. Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon will kick off its sponsorship at the season-opening Daytona 500 and Coors Light begins its season at California Speedway on Feb. 26.
* Did you Know?: David Stremme and his teammate Reed Sorenson will be competing for the 2006 Rookie of the Year Award just like Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (CGRFS) teammates Casey Mears and former teammate Jamie McMurray did in 2003. That same year three CGRFS drivers received Rookie of the Year awards with McMurray in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series, Stremme in the NASCAR Busch Series and Sorenson in the ASA Series.
* New year, new team: The 2006 season will be Jeff Vandermoss' inaugural year as crew chief for the No. 40 Dodge at Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates. Vandermoss joined the organization for the 2006 season and has been paired with rookie Cup driver Stremme.
Along with Vandermoss the No. 40 team has many new faces including car chief Jim Pohlman, mechanics Andy Silver and Luke Roffers, shock specialist John Weaver and engine specialist Frank Mathalia. Crew members Fred Ware, race engineer Brian Burns and tire specialist Rob Lopes join the No. 40 team from within the CGRFS stable.
* Rookie Meeting: Stremme along with fellow rookie teammate Sorenson will be in the media center on Tuesday afternoon following the day's testing session. They will come in to discuss their upcoming season and do one-on-one interviews.
* National Motorsports Press Association (NMPA): On Sunday, Jan.22 Stremme will attend a lunch at the NMPA convention taking place at the University Hilton in Charlotte, N.C. He will be there from 11:45 a.m. to1:30 p.m.
DAVID STREMME QUOTES:
Thoughts about the season...
"I am really excited about this upcoming season. I have a new crew chief and he and I have spent a lot of time during the off-season getting ready and talking about setups. We also have a group of guys on the team who are excited about the upcoming season, and that feeling has made the atmosphere in the shop really positive and fun to be around. I am also excited about working with Coors Light and having new sponsor Lone Star on board. I think we are going to have a really good season and I am looking forward to taking the No. 40 to victory lane."
Thoughts about the Rookie of the Year race...
"This year's rookie class is going to be a tough one, probably one of the best rookie classes there has been in awhile in terms of competition. I think the rookie race is also going to hit close to home since my teammate Reed and I are going head to head for the honor. I won the Busch Series honors and I know what it means to get this award. I would like to see a good competition for the majority of the season."
JEFF VANDERMOSS, CREW CHIEF QUOTES:
Thoughts on the crew and the upcoming season...
"I am going to be a rookie crew chief and I am really looking forward to this opportunity. I believe we've assembled a solid team, and I couldn't have asked for a better bunch of guys as far as hard workers and wanting to win. Their spirit to win is pretty strong right now. Morale is high, and I think we should be able to do pretty good this season. David has been in the shop a lot this off-season getting the cars ready and being hands on with his race cars. I think that his enthusiasm has helped the entire team."
Thoughts on testing at Daytona...
"The test at Daytona is used for a lot of different things. First and foremost we learn all that we can to improve on the cars and the setups and get the chance to try different things and find out what works and what doesn't. It also gives us a chance as a new team to work together and learn how we are going to work as a team and spend some time getting to know how everyone does things. The guys have been working hard in the shop to get the cars ready for this test and I am looking forward to seeing how it goes."