Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest * Kasey Kahne makes his seventh NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Darlington Raceway. * In six starts at Darlington, Kahne has accumulated two top-five finishes and led 126 laps. * Kahne has...
Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest
* Kasey Kahne makes his seventh NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Darlington Raceway.
* In six starts at Darlington, Kahne has accumulated two top-five finishes and led 126 laps.
* Kahne has accrued three poles in six starts at Darlington, and has completed 2,129 of 2,131 laps at the 1.36-mile oval for a lap completion rate of 99.9 percent.
* Kahne has an average start of 12th and an average finish of 11th at Darlington.
* Kahne is currently 17th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series point standings. He is 81 points behind 12th place Matt Kenseth.
Kahne discusses racing in the Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway:
What are the keys to a good finish to Darlington? "Just don't hit the wall. I think every car on the track is going to hit it (wall); it's just how hard everyone is going to hit it. It's a pretty tough track. It's fast. It's really going to be tough to pass. I think the key is mainly how hard you're going to hit it (wall), that's a big thing."
You have three pole positions at Darlington. Does that give you more confidence heading into the weekend? "Darlington has always been a great race track for me. As far as one that I look forward to, Darlington is in the top five. It's something that you just look forward to. We've always qualified well here, except for last year. I'd say we can qualify pretty well again this weekend and get a good top-five starting spot."
Will we see single-file racing this weekend? "I think so. Basically it's going to be really hard to pass. It's so fast and there is so little room. You move around a little bit and your car will become a lot tighter and your car doesn't turn as well. There is a certain spot that you need your car to be in and if you can't be there, you feel like you're going to get a spot taken from you."
With Sunday being Mother's Day, what is the best advice that your mom ever gave you?
"That's a tough one. I'd have to say to treat people the way that you would want to be treated. I have really tried to listen to that particular piece of advice."