Schrader's Thoughts On Darlington Raceway... "Darlington is always fun to go to because it is so much of a challenge. The track is narrow and it is so hard on tires, that you kind of just slide all over the place. It's tricky for the drivers and...
Schrader's Thoughts On Darlington Raceway...
"Darlington is always fun to go to because it is so much of a challenge. The track is narrow and it is so hard on tires, that you kind of just slide all over the place. It's tricky for the drivers and crews. Darlington is really just a racer's race track, and I think that's what makes it so much fun. "
"M&M"® Racing At Darlington Raceway...
* Ken Schrader and the "M&M's"® Racing Team are hoping to recapture some of the magic that the No. 36 team had in last fall's Southern 500. Schrader's performance in last fall's Darlington race had the fans standing on their feet. The team started eighth and near the mid-point of the race, Schrader took the point for several laps before relinquishing the lead and finishing 10th. Schrader will pilot the same No. 36 machine this weekend at Darlington.
* On Wednesday night, Schrader will co-host the fifth annual fund raising gala to benefit the Hendrick Marrow Program. Schrader along with friends Terry Labonte and Andy Petree held the first event in 1998 to in support of their longtime friend and car owner Rick Hendrick. The dinner and auction annually raises close to $100,000 for the Hendrick Marrow Program.
* Ken Schrader and the "M&M's"® Racing Team posted a 14th-place finish after starting 40th at Bristol. It was the third time in four weeks that the No. 36 car has finished 14th.
* Schrader doesn't have any plans to sit still and relax on Labor Day Monday. In fact, he'll be doing what he does best - race. Schrader will fly to DuQuoin, Ill., to run the ARCA race on Labor Day (September 2) at the one-mile dirt oval as part of the Illinois State Fair activities.
* In 2003, Schrader and "M&M's"® will continue their sweet relationship. The world's No. 1 selling candy brand will be an associate sponsor on the No. 52 Ken Schrader Racing Craftsman Truck next season. Schrader also will continue to make personal appearances on behalf of the company. The two also plan to continue "M&M's"® Night Of Stars - a charity race at I-55 Raceway in Pevely, Mo.