Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts: * Chassis ...
Texaco/Havoline Racing Fast Facts:
* Chassis #307: Crew Chief Donnie Wingo and the Texaco/Havoline team are bringing chassis #307 to compete in the Mountain Dew Southern 500 at Darlington Raceway. This is the same car McMurray raced to an eighth-place finish with two weeks ago at Atlanta Motor Speedway. In nine starts in 2004, chassis #307 has posted three top-five and seven top-10 finishes.
* Battle for 11th: McMurray heads into Darlington sitting 11th in points, 215 points ahead of pursuer Dale Jarrett. McMurray has posted eight top-five and 21 top-10 finishes through 34 races this season. He has posted 10 top-10 finishes in the last 12 NEXTEL Cup Series races.
* Darlington Facts: In three NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series start at Darlington, McMurray has posted one top-five finish.
* Preparing for the Finale: McMurray and the Texaco/Havoline team spent two days this week testing at Homestead-Miami Speedway in preparation for the season finale next weekend.
* Double Duty: McMurray will be pulling double duty this weekend in Darlington as he will pilot the No. 66 Dodge in the NASCAR Busch Series race on Saturday before climbing behind the wheel of the No. 42 Texaco/Havoline Dodge for Sunday's NEXTEL Cup race.
Jamie McMurray Quotes:
Darlington Thoughts: "Darlington is one of those tracks that as a driver you look forward to going to. You don't have to worry so much about aero push. Darlington's definitely a throw-back to the way racing use to be. To be honest with you, I didn't like Darlington the first few times I raced there, but over the past year or so, I've found the line around the track and now it's one of my favorite places to race. We've had some really strong runs here in the Texaco/Havoline Dodge over the last three races. Our finishes just don't show it because we couldn't seal the deal for one reason or another. We led some laps here in the spring and definitely had a car that could have won the race. We're taking my favorite car this weekend, so I'm pretty excited about our chances."
"We had an off-week for us last weekend in Phoenix. We just struggled a little bit with the setup. But everyone on this team is ready to head back to Darlington and contend for the win. It would be cool to say you won the last Southern 500 ever run at Darlington."