No. 40 Coors Light Dodge Intrepid R/T Â· Marlin is one of only nine drivers that have competed in all nine inaugural races that have been held on the NASCAR Winston Cup circuit since 1988. Â· The car that Marlin is running at ...
No. 40 Coors Light Dodge Intrepid R/T
· Marlin is one of only nine drivers that have competed in all nine inaugural races that have been held on the NASCAR Winston Cup circuit since 1988.
· The car that Marlin is running at Kansas is the same car that he won in at Michigan.
· Marlin is currently fifth in overall NASCAR Winston Cup Series championship points. His highest championship finish ever is third (1995) when he won three races and scored nine top-5 finishes.
· Marlin is the only driver to remain in the top-10 in NASCAR Winston Cup championship points all season.
· Dominant Dodge: Marlin has lead the way for Dodge all season. He has seven top-fives and 14 top-10s. Marlin gave Dodge their first 2001 win in the Pepsi 400 at Michigan Speedway.
Jason Leffler, driver
No. 01 Cingular Wireless Dodge Intrepid R/T
· The No. 01 team tested in Kansas on Sept. 10-11.
· Leffler is currently fifth in Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year points.
· His best finish of the season is 13th in the MBNA Platinum 400 at Dover Downs. Leffler’s best start of the season is 11th in the Pepsi 400 at Michigan.
Lee McCall, crew chief, No. 40 Coors Light Dodge Intrepid R/T:
“ The 01 car tested in Kansas on the first day in race day trim and tested part of the second day in qualifying trim. We are taking the car that we ran at both Michigan races this season and we ran it at Indy. We’re pretty excited because this is our favorite car and Sterling got a win in it at Michigan.”
CONCERNING MAYFIELD’S PARTIALLY TORN SEAT BELT:
“ The most important part of the race car is where the driver sits. You have to pay attention to what is going on in that area and do as much as possible to keep it safe.”
Jason Leffler, driver, No. 01 Cingular Wireless Dodge Intrepid R/T:
“ We tested at Kansas and I like the track a lot. It reminds me of Chicago– it looks a lot like it. I felt that our test went good but it was hard to tell since we had a shortened testing period due to the terrorist attacks. I’m looking forward to racing there this weekend - there’s always a lot of excitement around inaugural races.”