Scott Riggs No. 10 Stanley Tools/Valvoline Dodge Charger Race Facts Chassis: No. 134 Info: Riggs started 15th and finished 20th with this chassis at Lowe's earlier this season. SCOTT RIGGS ...
No. 10 Stanley Tools/Valvoline Dodge Charger Race Facts
Chassis: No. 134
Info: Riggs started 15th and finished 20th with this chassis at Lowe's earlier this season.
SCOTT RIGGS QUOTES:
"Rodney (Team Director Rodney Childers) and all the guys on this Stanley Tools/Valvoline Team have been working hard on the Charger for this weekend. Evernham Motorsports has not been as strong this season on the 1.5-mile intermediate tracks as we have been in the past. But I believe that part of our program has turned the corner and improved. I feel confident that we can qualify for this weekend's race at Chicago on time. Luckily it is not a qualifying/impound event so we won't be faced with the same set of challenges as last week, as far as getting our car back into race setup."
* Riggs' best Nextel Cup finish at Chicago came last season when he finished 15th.
* Riggs has always qualified strong at the 1.5-mile tri-oval. His average starting spot is 12.3.
* The No. 10 Stanley Tools/Valvoline team had their best finish of the 2007 season in Martinsville this spring, where they came home eighth.
* On Thursday night Riggs will join Ray Evernham, Bob Dilner, Erin Crocker and Andy Petree at Farley Speedway in Iowa for a Dirt Late Model Race benefiting The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society through Evernham's foundation, "Racing for a Reason".
* Riggs currently sits 38th in Nextel Cup owner points and will need to qualifying for this weekend's race on time.