Chassis No. 130-This is the same chassis that Riggs raced at Vegas, Texas, Michigan and Charlotte in the 600. SCOTT RIGGS QUOTES: "I am ready to get back to racing on 1.5-mile track like Chicago. We have had strong runs at the intermediate ...
Chassis No. 130-This is the same chassis that Riggs raced at Vegas, Texas, Michigan and Charlotte in the 600.
SCOTT RIGGS QUOTES:
"I am ready to get back to racing on 1.5-mile track like Chicago. We have had strong runs at the intermediate tracks this year at places like Texas, Las Vegas, and Lowe's. We got out of Daytona and Infineon with decent finishes and now its time to get back to what we know best. Rodney is bringing my favorite chassis to Chicago, the same car we ran so well with in the 600. We just want to get that Valvoline/Stanley Tools Dodge up front and come home with a top finish."
RODNEY CHILDERS QUOTES:
"We are looking forward to Chicago. It will be nice to get back to a mile-and-a-half track and this is a good car we're bringing with us, so we are hoping for a good weekend. We've got a great driver in Scott Riggs, so I have no doubt that we can gain more momentum this weekend and continue to climb up in the points and post solid finishes."
* Scott Riggs finished 20th last week in the Nextel Cup race at Daytona International Speedway.
* In his most recent Nextel Cup Series race at Chicagoland, Riggs qualified an impressive seventh and finished in 23rd position.
* Since missing the 500 the No. 10 team has climbed from 44th in owners points to 21st in 16 races.
* Riggs has a best finish of seventh at Chicagoland Speedway, posted in the NASCAR Busch Series in 2003, and has led 52 laps there in his two starts in Busch series competition.
* Riggs posted a second-place start at Chicagoland in the NASCAR Busch series in 2002.
* The No. 10 Valvoline/Stanley Tools Dodge Charger has been running at the end of all 16 Cup races in which it has competed this season as well as both exhibition races (Shootout and All-Star).