KASEY KAHNE QUOTES On racing at Chicagoland. "This is an important race for the No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger team. After a couple of disappointing finishes on the road course and restrictor plate track, we're happy to be heading to ...
KASEY KAHNE QUOTES
On racing at Chicagoland. "This is an important race for the No. 9 Dodge Dealers/UAW Dodge Charger team. After a couple of disappointing finishes on the road course and restrictor plate track, we're happy to be heading to Chicagoland. We'll be racing the same car that's taken us to victory lane four times this year."
On Team Director Kenny Francis. "He's an engineer. He's a racecar driver. He's a crew chief and he's team director now. It's like he has everything. He's really focused and he listens. I respect him a lot, and I think our team is good because of that. We've gotten along good all along. Last year when I was struggling, and we were coming home from races on Ray's plane, I'm explaining why I'm slow and this and that. Half the guys are sleeping. The other guys are looking out the window, and Kenny is looking straight at me trying to listen, trying to learn to make his team better. He wasn't trying to make my team better. He was trying to make Evernham Motorsports better and Jeremy and what they had going on. He was always listening and always interested in making things better."
STATS & FACTS
• Kahne will be running a special paint scheme for the third weekend in a row, this time with sponsor McDonald's. The golden arches will grace the hood of Kahne's Dodge this weekend along with their tag line, "I'm lovin' it." It is his first run in the McDonald's Dodge Charger.
• Kahne will race chassis EMS 128 this weekend, the same car he has posted all four of his wins with this season.
• Kahne has two starts at the Chicagoland Speedway, and his average starting position there is 10th. He has started on the outside pole at Chicagoland Speedway in both a Cup race ('04) and a Busch race ('05).
• In 2006 Kahne has more Nextel Cup victories than any other driver with four trips to victory lane. All of his wins have come on speedway tracks, and with the undefeated chassis that they will run again in Chicago.
• Kahne and Evernham will contribute $10,000 for each race they win in 2006 to the Ronald McDonald House up to $50,000.
• Kasey Kahne is also on the Board of the new Ronald McDonald House that will be built in Charlotte.