McMurray on racing at Chicagoland Speedway: "Racing at Chicago has just been a tough place for me to get a solid finish at and I'm still not sure why exactly that is. I've always seemed to struggle there, but I'm trying not to think about it too...
McMurray on racing at Chicagoland Speedway:
"Racing at Chicago has just been a tough place for me to get a solid finish at and I'm still not sure why exactly that is. I've always seemed to struggle there, but I'm trying not to think about it too much and just go into this weekend seeing how our car handles. Roush Fenway has a strong record of solid performances at other 1.5-mile tracks on the Sprint Cup Series circuit, but Chicagoland has challenged our organization a bit. To be honest, none of the other 1.5-mile tracks we visit are similar to the others. If I had to find one closest to Chicago it would have to be Kansas, but Chicago is still quite a bit different. I really enjoy racing at night because it's a lot of fun for the fans and drivers as well, so we'll see what our Valvoline/Sears Auto Center Ford can do for us this Saturday night."
Crew chief Donnie Wingo on racing at Chicagoland Speedway:
"Our 1.5-mile tracks have been pretty good this year although we haven't gotten the finishes so far that we should have. It's time for us to get all the aspects together and have the cards fall our way. Chicago is a newer track that we race at, and due to that fact, the groove that the drivers can race in hasn't widened out as much yet as other 1.5-mile tracks we visit. Chicagoland is a "momentum track" because you'll see a lot of guys get a lot of speed off the corners. To me, it's still a similar track to the other 1.5-mile tracks, but we'll see how our Valvoline/Sears Auto Center team fares this weekend."
* In six starts at the 1.5-mile Chicagoland Speedway, McMurray has produced one top-10 finish
* McMurray averages a 26.7 starting position and a 23.5 finishing position at Chicagoland Speedway
* McMurray has completed 1,550 of 1,605 laps (96.6 percent) and led for one lap in his six starts at Chicagoland
* McMurray will pilot the No. 26 Valvoline/Sears Auto Center Ford Fusion this weekend
* Entering this weekend's LifeLock.com 400, McMurray is currently 19th in the Sprint Cup driver point standings