STATESVILLE, N.C. -- Elliott Sadler and the No. 19 team are changing colors this weekend in Chicago, and they won't be hard to find. The bright green of the Insignia brand of electronics sold exclusively at Best Buy is making its first ever ...
STATESVILLE, N.C. -- Elliott Sadler and the No. 19 team are changing colors this weekend in Chicago, and they won't be hard to find. The bright green of the Insignia brand of electronics sold exclusively at Best Buy is making its first ever appearance on the hood of the No. 19 at Chicagoland Speedway. Sadler is hoping the vivid new colors provided by Insignia will further his recent string of solid finishes and propel him to his third top-10 finish in the last four races, and his fourth top-15 in the last five.
SADLER ON RECENT MOMENTUM: "The last month has been a good stretch for all the guys on the No. 19 team. We've put together some good racecars and turned in some solid finishes. We could have actually been a little better had some things gone our way, but to have two top-10s and three top-12s in the four races is nice. I know everyone has been putting in a lot of blood, sweat and tears working on these cars and we are starting to see the rewards for all their efforts. We're gaining ground in the standings as well which is great."
CREW CHIEF KEVIN BUSKIRK ON CHICAGOLAND: "The No. 9 team tire tested at Chicagoland and we all share information. The new tire we're bringing is faster with more grip than the old tire, but should fall off faster as the race goes on. It'll make for better racing then we've seen in the last couple trips to Chicago. We only visit Chicago once a year, so it's always interesting to see what everyone has learned since last time. We're bringing the car Elliott finished 12th with at Michigan. We're looking forward to a good competitive race."
Additional Notes of Interest
* Sadler is tied with Tony Stewart for the longest active DNF streak (41 races) of drivers that have competed in every race. Regan Smith is at 51 races, but has not competed in every race during that span.
* In eight starts at Chicagoland Speedway, Sadler has one top-10 (ninth in 2003) and three top-15 (15th in 2001, ninth in 2003, 12th in 2008) finishes. Sadler also has led seven laps and has not recorded a DNF.
* Sadler has driven the fourth most miles (6989.6) and completed the fifth most laps (5,173) of any driver in 2009.
* Chassis No. 274 finished 12th at Michigan and 14th at Darlington. No. 259 will serve as the backup for the 12th time this season (last Michigan).
* Sadler has led six races this season for a total of 34 laps, including at least one lap led in five of the last 10 points races. Sadler led more laps in the season-opening Daytona 500 than he did in all of 2008.
* At this point in 2008, Sadler was 25th in points, 478 points out of 12th place. In 2009, Sadler is 23rd in points, 372 out of the 12th position. Sadler has improved by two positions and 127 points in 2009.
* Sadler will visit Best Buy store No. 307 in Joliet, Ill. on Friday from 10-11:00 a.m. to meet store employees and sign autographs for the first 300 ticketed guests.
* Elliott Sadler has officially become a member of the Twitter community. Follow Elliott's updates by clicking HERE or by visiting www.twitter.com/Elliott_Sadler.
* Follow along with Richard Petty Motorsports each weekend for real-time in-race updates on Twitter at www.twitter.com/RPMotorsports.