Ragan on racing at Chicagoland Speedway: "Chicago is a really fun track to race at. First of all I really enjoy Saturday night races and it will be our second one in a row. Plus it's fun for the fans since the cars just look so much faster ...
Ragan on racing at Chicagoland Speedway:
"Chicago is a really fun track to race at. First of all I really enjoy Saturday night races and it will be our second one in a row. Plus it's fun for the fans since the cars just look so much faster at night. The Chicago fans are great; you get a lot of fans from all over the Midwest who look forward to our early stop there. Being only a 400-mile race we'll have to be fast from the start and continue to improve throughout the night. Overall I expect a good finish out of our UPS Ford this weekend."
Crew chief Jimmy Fennig on racing at Chicagoland Speedway:
"Only going to Chicago once a season makes things a little harder, but David did well there last year and there is no reason we shouldn't do well again this weekend. We need to qualify well, have a fast UPS Ford and have good pit stops throughout the night. All are things David and the team are capable of. Overall it should be a good weekend for us."
* Ragan has two prior Sprint Cup Series starts at Chicagoland Speedway. His best finish was last year where he qualified 14th and finished eighth.
* David will be behind the wheel of the No. 6 Discount Tire Ford in the Nationwide race Friday night. Ragan has competed two times in the Nationwide Series at Chicago. His best finish came in 2008 where he started third and finished 13th.
* David competed in the ARCA RE/MAX Series in 2005 at Chicagoland Speedway. In that race he qualified second and finished second.
* David will make a special visit to the Boys and Girls Club of Chicago on Wednesday, July 8 to promote UPS Road Code, a teen safe driving program from the UPS Foundation.
* UPS Maximum Center Recognition--Chicagoland Speedway The UPS Freight South Holland Service Center (SOH) in the West Region was selected for the July 11 Lifelock.com 400 at Chicagoland Speedway. The center has improved in all 11 Balanced Scorecard categories. The center ranked first in the West Region for significant improvements including an 84 percent reduction in Accident Cost and a 57 percent reduction in Dock Overtime.