QUOTES Carl Edwards on racing at Chicagoland: "I am excited to race Chicago. We are coming off of an awesome race at Daytona, where we got a great finish, helped a teammate win and gained some points. I think we have the potential to do really...
Carl Edwards on racing at Chicagoland:
"I am excited to race Chicago. We are coming off of an awesome race at Daytona, where we got a great finish, helped a teammate win and gained some points. I think we have the potential to do really well this weekend. We are bringing the Michigan car, which is an amazing car and helped us get a win for Office Depot a few weeks ago. Even though, I haven't had the best finishes in the past at Chicago, I feel confident that we'll do great this weekend."
Crew Chief Bob Osborne on racing at Chicagoland:
"I'm looking forward to getting back to the 1.5-mile tracks. Carl runs really well at those types of tracks so we are certainly hoping to have a strong finish and make gains in the point standings. Tracks like Chicago, Fontana and Kansas seem like cookie cutter type tracks but actually they all have their own unique characteristics so running at Chicago should make for some great racing."
* Carl Edwards will make his third NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series start at Chicagoland Speedway
* The No. 99 Office Depot team will be unloading RK-272 this weekend at Chicago. This is the same car Edwards raced to victory at Michigan in June of this year
* After 18 races, Edwards and the No. 99 Office Depot team are currently sixth in NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series point standings with 2308 points, 465 points out of first place.
* WIN Carl's Laptop To help celebrate the launch of its new television commercial titled Carl's Laptop, Office Depot is running a promotion for fans to have the opportunity to actually win a new laptop from Carl Edwards. For a chance to win a new TOSHIBA Satellite Notebook computer loaded with the latest technology and autographed by Carl Edwards, fans can simply log on to www.officedepotracing.com to register.
* Office Depot Store No. 381 from Norfolk, Va. is this week's sales winner and will ride along on the No. 99 at Chicagoland this weekend.