Bobby Labonte on racing at Chicagoland Speedway: "I'm looking forward to racing at Chicago this weekend. It's a typical intermediate track and I have a pretty good history at tracks similar to Chicago. It's different than Atlanta and Michigan...
Bobby Labonte on racing at Chicagoland Speedway:
"I'm looking forward to racing at Chicago this weekend. It's a typical intermediate track and I have a pretty good history at tracks similar to Chicago. It's different than Atlanta and Michigan but similar in length, grip and banking. I haven't really found my groove at Chicago but have high hopes for this weekend.
"Last weekend we just couldn't find our groove. It was a long night but we made it out clean there at the end and I think we'll have a better weekend this week. It's one of those things, you just have to shake off the rougher days and move on to the next race. At this point in the season, it's all about staying positive and having a great outlook on the weekend."
Crew chief Ben Leslie on racing at Chicagoland Speedway:
"Yates has a great intermediate track program and we've worked hard to get a competitive setup in the car for Chicago. I think we'll have a better weekend than last and hopefully climb a position or two in the points."
Bobby Labonte -- Fast Facts
Team: No. 96 DLP Ford Fusion
* Labonte has eight starts at Chicagoland Speedway with a career-best start of sixth and a career-best finish of 12th (2006).
* Labonte has a 16th-position average start and a 23rd-position average finish in Joliet, Ill.
* In 2,139 possible laps, Labonte has completed 1,983 and led four laps at the 1.5-mile tri-oval -- a 92.7 percent consistency.
* At intermediate tracks similar to Chicagoland Speedway, Labonte has 12 wins, 64 top-five and 98 top-10 finishes in 257 starts.
* This weekend the No. 96 Ford Fusion will make its debut with the DLP paint scheme and Texas Instruments DLP as primary sponsor.
* The LifeLock.com 400 will mark Labonte's 565th start in the Sprint Cup series.