Kyle Petty: "This No. 45 Dodge team has been steadily improving over the last few weeks. Since Stewart Cooper came on board we've been getting better. Some of our finishes haven't shown our improvement because we've had some rough luck. But this...
"This No. 45 Dodge team has been steadily improving over the last few weeks. Since Stewart Cooper came on board we've been getting better. Some of our finishes haven't shown our improvement because we've had some rough luck. But this weekend we go to Lowe's Motor Speedway for the Coca-Cola 600. Last year we were able to use fuel strategy, along with a fast car, to grab a podium finish. Another top-5 would be just what our team needs right now."
"We used the Sprint All-Star Showdown almost like an extra test session. We tried a lot of experimental, or out of the box, setups to try to get a better grasp of what this car needs. We're not quite as exotic with our rear end toe, like you've seen some of the other teams doing, but we did try a few things for our race setup. When we get to the track for Coke 600 practice we'll have to concentrate on qualifying, so we used the Showdown as a test for the race."
"It will be an honor to drive the No. 45 Coca-Cola Dodge this weekend in the Coca-Cola 600. Coke has been a part of the Petty family for a long time. They have been a part of this sport for even longer. They do a lot for the Victory Junction Gang Camp and have been onboard with that from the beginning. Pattie and I are grateful for what they do for the camp. Getting another good finish for these guys would be an awesome feeling."
Kyle Petty at Lowe's Motor Speedway
* Kyle Petty is the 1987 winner of the Coca-Cola 600.
* In 52 starts at Lowe's Motor Speedway, Petty has scored six top-5s and 12 top-10s. His most recent top-10 at the track came in this event last year when he finished third.
* LMS is the site of Petty's first top-5 finish, which he scored in the 1981 World 600. He finished fifth in the #42 STP Buick.
* Of a possible 18,832 laps at Lowe's Motor Speedway, Petty has completed 17,718 (94.1%), including 321 laps led. His average start at the track is 28.8 and average finish is 18.6.
* The No. 45 is running a special paint scheme this weekend to help Coca-Cola celebrate the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. The TV panel of the car displays five collectible cans that feature the Coca-Cola logo in five different languages from around the world.
- credit: pe