Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest * This weekend will mark Kasey Kahne's ninth career start at Lowe's Motor Speedway. * Lowe's Motor Speedway is Kahne's only track at which he is a repeat winner. * Kahne swept the two Lowe's...
Budweiser Racing Team Notes of Interest
* This weekend will mark Kasey Kahne's ninth career start at Lowe's Motor Speedway.
* Lowe's Motor Speedway is Kahne's only track at which he is a repeat winner.
* Kahne swept the two Lowe's Motor Speedway races in 2006 and six of his seven career victories in NASCAR's premiere division have come on intermediate-style tracks.
* Kahne has scored four career victories at Lowe's Motor Speedway, winning the 2008 All-Star Race, 2006 Coca-Cola 600, 2006 Bank of America 500 and one Nationwide Series win.
* In eight starts at LMS, Kahne has led 550 laps.
* Kahne sits two points outside the coveted 12th place position in the championship driver point standings.
Kahne Discusses Racing in the Coca-Cola 600:
What does winning the All-Star Race do for your team going into this weekend? "We needed that win so bad. Personally for me, this is a huge confidence builder. Momentum is so big in this sport. I'm excited to get back to Lowe's Motor Speedway this weekend. Just last weekend, I wasn't that excited about our chances at Charlotte but Saturday night changed all of that. Our Budweiser Dodge has been running well this year but we still haven't been running at the level we want to. Saturday showed us that Gillett Evernham has the ability to compete for the win every week and that's very important."
With the 600 being the longest race of the year, is there anything special that you do to prepare? "This is definitely one of the toughest races on the driver both mentally and physically. I'm ready for the challenge and I know Kenny (Francis, team director) and the team are ready to do everything possible to put the No. 9 Budweiser Dodge in the winner's circle for the second straight weekend."
Team Director Kenny Francis Discusses Racing at the 600:
Will you be racing the same car this weekend that you won the All-Star Race in? "No, we feel like we have an even better car for the 600. We are racing the same car that we ran California and Vegas with and we had a good shot at winning both of those races so I am definitely optimistic about this weekend's race. We made some successful adjustments with air pressure during the All-Star Race in preparation for the 600 so I'm looking forward to another strong run for the Budweiser Dodge this weekend."